What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy to be here

franky11ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So happy to be here, with fellow iPad users . Hope to get assistance when needed like the issue at hand now, whenever I do video recording with my iPad 2 IOS 9.3.3 there's no audio output and it's giving me headache I've tried all I could but no way .......I don't know if I can get any help from people here who have had similar experiences. I am Kenneth Franklin.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Kenneth!

Does audio play if you're playing back a movie or TV show from iTunes? If so, the speaker is working and it's possible that the microphone itself isn't working. Look very closely at the microphone hole to see if you can detect anything that may be plugging the hole and blocking sound input. If you do see something try sucking it out with a vacuum cleaner. If that doesn't help you may want to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store because it's very easy to destroy the microphone if you start poking around in the hole.

OP
F

franky11ward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Kenneth!

Does audio play if you're playing back a movie or TV show from iTunes? If so, the speaker is working and it's possible that the microphone itself isn't working. Look very closely at the microphone hole to see if you can detect anything that may be plugging the hole and blocking sound input. If you do see something try sucking it out with a vacuum cleaner. If that doesn't help you may want to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store because it's very easy to destroy the microphone if you start poking around in the hole.
Yes the audio plays perfectly but the mic doesn't work. And there's no kind of blockage even skype calls doesn't send my audio not to the receiver but I I can hear them clearly even with bluthtooth But they don't hear me either

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So how do i solve this I think it's an application problem
Have you tried the Genius Bar at an Apple Store as earlier suggested? They can diagnose the problem and if there's a hardware problem they'll tell you the cost. At this point in time, if your iPad 2 requires repair, you may want to consider upgrading to a newer iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So how do i solve this I think it's an application problem

Hi Kenneth - also a welcome to the forum! :) SciFan... has already given you some great advice and a visit to the Genius Bar @ an Apple store or a good authorized Apple store is likely needed.

However, in the meantime, let us know if this problem started w/ the recent iOS upgrade? Have you 'Reset' the iPad by pressing BOTH the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (then release and let the device reboot)? Finally, have you checked in 'Settings' to see if the microphone may be disabled, e.g. Privacy -> Microphone ( on my iPad, I have about a half dozen apps given permission to use the microphone, including Skype) - if none of these suggestions helps, then you're need a 'professional' assessment. Dave

Most reactions