What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Note of Hello to All the Members of iPad Forum(s) from a new member 11/21/11

CICU_KBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site, so wanted to say "Hello" n give you some insight to me.

I've been looking for a site of fellow iPad users, who may be able to help me w/some issues, as I just semi-recently purchased an iPad 1, the latest version before the iPad 2 came out just a few months later (or I may be able to help others w/some issues :).

I'm pretty tech savvy, but haven't had the time to learn all the "ins & outs" of the Apple iPad, as I usually do w/any new technical gadget I may purchase. So I do keep the full "User Manual" handy, yet as most know it doesn't cover everything in complete detail n prob most know iTunes knows little about the apps they sell.

Well, I'll keep this short for now, but will tell ALL one of the incidents recently ran into w/the latest iOS update.

I do have some technical questions r/t the OS, like if you can revert back to an earlier iOS version from the latest iOS 1.5.01 (as its been nothing but headaches). My iPad updated n I didn't expect it to, when just was restoring my iPad (and hit "Restore", not "Update & Restore") as one app wasn't working correctly AND it came back updated n restored in Japanese or Chinese language.
So I had to play "take a chance" pressing different foreign words for hrs on end, trying to find where to set the 'type' to US English. I even tried "Resetting" my iPad and again came back in a foreign language
and it didn't clear out all data from the company set area Icons, like all the games in the Game center were still there w/rewards won, but were not usable for any of the games. Also 4 games were left out/off of the restores n resets, but remained in Game Center..which I have no idea of how to delete or how to delete apps off of iTunes that are no longer or have never been used. **I wouldn't recommend this iOS update to ANYONE!!!

Thanks for reading and HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!

K-Bear

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your problems with iOS 5.0.1, I have to say that for me I haven't had any problems at all with it but hey, there are always exceptions I guess.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts