What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handbrake

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im using handbrake to convert a movie to support the ipad. I used the ipad preset. It says that it will take 6 hours to convert a 1 hour movie! is this right? My computer isnt the best.

Its a intel celeron d cpu 3.46 GHz with 1.5 GB of ram. Still i dont think it should take this long.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out that using mpeg 4 instead of h.264 gives me much faster times.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake always takes 3-5 hours for me. That is why I always setup any conversions I need to do before going to bed. When I wake up in the morning everything is taken care of.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question, if i encoded this video using the ipad preset, how would it look on a tv? I can use my tv as a monitor for my computer and watch on that. I plan on getting an apple tv later.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised at how well video formatted for iPad works on my 42" 720p TV through AppleTV.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone with an xbox 360 know how to stream mp4 files from their pc to xbox 360. Then i could have all my media on my pc, and it can be accessed by my ipad and my xbox 360.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always use the Universal preset (only difference seems to be the framerate) in Handbrake for movies and tv shows for my iPad. And also put them on my PS3 to watch on my 32" 720p TV and they look fine.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone with an xbox 360 know how to stream mp4 files from their pc to xbox 360. Then i could have all my media on my pc, and it can be accessed by my ipad and my xbox 360.

I have an external hard drive with mine and plug it into the XBOX 360 or PS3.

Most reactions