What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand writing to word document

jmartin814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello every one, I just got an iPad and want to maximize my use. Was wondering if there is an app that will allow me to write characters by hand and translate them into typing text on a word document. My job requires me to take notes during meetings with clients and email them a recap afterward. If you could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmartin814 said:
Hello every one, I just got an iPad and want to maximize my use. Was wondering if there is an app that will allow me to write characters by hand and translate them into typing text on a word document. My job requires me to take notes during meetings with clients and email them a recap afterward. If you could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Hi and welcome to the forum! You might want to take a look at 7notes HD Premium. It has an excellent engine to convert handwriting to typed text. It is very accurate, even if you handwriting isn't the best. You can e-mail your notes directly from the app. It's pretty versatile and handles images and webpages as well as text.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for 7Notes HD Premium. There are now several handwriting -> text apps available. PhatPad (and its sibling WritePad) are others. The biggest advantage of 7Notes, however, is its real-time translation capability combined with an excellent predictive word engine based on your previous entries. Most of its competitors require you to enter a block of text, identify it by circling the block, and then translate. Unfortunately, this leads to post-translation editing that can be time consuming and annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts