What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what I just bought!

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally broke down and purchased a new iPad Air 2, space gray, 64 GB. It's updating to the latest iOS right now, but I plan to use it for books and movies/TV. It cost me zero down and $34 per month for 24 months, thanks to Verizon Edge. I love it so far, much lighter than my iPad with Retina display.

4e56d78e602d1388c42b7835a85189d2.jpg

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally broke down and purchased a new iPad Air 2, space gray, 64 GB. It's updating to the latest iOS right now, but I plan to use it for books and movies/TV. It cost me zero down and $34 per month for 24 months, thanks to Verizon Edge. I love it so far, much lighter than my iPad with Retina display.

4e56d78e602d1388c42b7835a85189d2.jpg

True nobility lies not in being superior to another person, but in being superior to our previous selves.
A good choice. I've got the gold 128GB version myself.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A good choice. I've got the gold 128GB version myself.

I'm wondering if I should have gone with the 128 GB model. With all of the books and movies I have I may run out of space.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree, good choice. I like the black border iPad which is only available in the space grey. Looks quite nice but the metal colour really can't be seen anyway if you contain it all in a cover. I got the 128 gig for peace of mind. Enjoy your new iPad!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree, good choice. I like the black border iPad which is only available in the space grey. Looks quite nice but the metal colour really can't be seen anyway if you contain it all in a cover. I got the 128 gig for peace of mind. Enjoy your new iPad!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I agree about the color, I got this one specifically to match my iPhone 6. To compensate me for a problem that I was having with my service, Verizon gave me a $45.00 Incipio case for this iPad at no charge.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the air 2 gray on Saturday. My 3 was not working well because I had too many photos on it so I got the 128 gig. It took a healthy chunk of my tax return. My eyes are not as good as they once were and I notice an improvement in clarity. I'm very happy.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should have gone with the 128 GB model. With all of the books and movies I have I may run out of space.
I use simple wifi ext storage for such things. Then load as as needed. Experience reminds me of having 'all my eggs in one basket'!

Excellent choice of iPad. Just wondering whether a 2nd isn't called for here so that I can get mine back

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the air 2 gray on Saturday. My 3 was not working well because I had too many photos on it so I got the 128 gig. It took a healthy chunk of my tax return. My eyes are not as good as they once were and I notice an improvement in clarity. I'm very happy.

Oh, I completely forgot about tax returns, thank you for the reminder! It's a nice way to spend that money :)

I use simple wifi ext storage for such things. Then load as as needed. Experience reminds me of having 'all my eggs in one basket'!

Excellent choice of iPad. Just wondering whether a 2nd isn't called for here so that I can get mine back

Your reply of "load as needed" got me thinking. I have an iCloud Storage subscription, 200 GB for $3.99 per month, and I have copied all of my photos to iCloud. I have been playing with the Documents app, by Readdle, and it looks like that will do exactly what I want. I'm so glad I opted for that subscription, all of my photos are now available on all of my iOS devices :)

Most reactions