What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffin Stylus

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been looking at getting a stylus for a while..

Has anyone got or had the Griffin Stylus?

Seen a link to amazon on a deals website for £7.49 which is half price.

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Attachments

• image-440287215.png
    image-440287215.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 314
OP
iLloyd

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I would like to know what you think of it :/ oops

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have three different type of styluses none really stand out. I just ordered a magnetic stylus from Obergizmo my hope is that while in a meeting is could use the stylus magnets to turn off/on without causing too much distraction. The tip is also smaller than the ones I have. I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ryanbottom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two different types of styluses none really stand out.I have just conformed a magnetic stylus from newyork.My hope is that while in a meeting is could use the stylus magnets to turn off/on without causing too much distration.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Griffin stylus. It's similar (or literally identical) to a number of others with a rubber dome tip. Some people find it a bit short. And many people find the "rubber dome" to "drag" occasionally on the screen. Many people (myself included) find the iFaraday brand (The website is exactly what you'd expect) to be superior. The iFaraday uses a conductive cloth tip that eliminates the "drag."

Another option is the Jot from Adonit or the Dagi stylus. They use a similar technology. A pointed tip designates the contact point and a plastic "collar" just above the tip activates the capacitive screen. Opinions about these differ rather widely. I like my Jot Pro and it works well once I figured out how to prevent missed strokes (requires a dab of conductive grease where the tip contacts the plastic collar. Others find the plastic tip to make an annoying clicking noise when it's used.

All in all, I'd recommend the iFaraday over the Griffin. And if you want a really nice stylus ($30) and are willing to put up with some shortcomings in the execution of the Jot design, it's a good choice, as well.

P.S. Just noticed you're in the UK. In view of that the shipping charges for the choices I noted may be a deal breaker for you. Sorry if that's the case.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know why all the tips are fat rubber? Could not someone come up with a fine tip version?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know why all the tips are fat rubber? Could not someone come up with a fine tip version?

The simple answer is no. The capacitive screen of the iPad requires a relatively large diameter contact "circle" to register a touch. The center of that "circle" is the actual contact point. That's why Steve Jobs touted the advantage of a finger over a stylus. Simply put, the iPad screen is not well designed to use a true stylus and Mr. Jobs was very adept at describing a design weakness as a feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts