What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus with low resistance?

Reaction score
Are there any styluses out there, which glide over the screen?

The Griffin stylus currently in use, causes a high amount of friction when handwriting notes. My wrist gets tired after writing half a page!

So apart from the obvious comment of doing work-out, how would one go about of writing lightly?

Practical1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at StylusRus. It glides softly over the screen and needs a very light touch to work. There customer service is outstanding and they have a large variety. Do a search here and you will see lots of great reviews.

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I order an Stylus R Us a couple days ago. Have not received it yet but the online reviews were good.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boxwave Stylus

I got a few from Boxwave and I'm happy with them.

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received the Stylus R Us ("SRU") stylus yesterday and I am very surprised at how well this stylus works. Granted I have only tried the Pogo Sketch and the SRU, so I can not compare to others mentioned in this thread. With the Pogo you really had to use some pressure on the screen to activate or respond. With the Stylus R Us there is absolutely no pressure required. I have tried touching the screen as softly as I could and the stylus responds. The other major difference is the Pogo does not "glide" across the screen and does not feel like a true writing instrument. With the SRU this is not the case, it glides very nicely across the screen with no friction.

I use Notes Plus for taking handwritten notes in meetings and using the Pogo my hand would get tired very quickly due to the friction. The SRU writes very nicely.

Lots of styles and options available. I got one of the telescoping versions, the Entrepreneur. Check them out at http://www.beststylus.com.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will second Stylus R Us. I use a Roger iWand. I also have a Targus (which from what I understand the Boxwave, Targus, and Griffin and are all just re-branded versions of the same stylus). The thing is light as a feather-glides smoothly, not weary to use. I haven't touched the Targus since getting the Stylus R Us.

Jimmy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will second Stylus R Us. I use a Roger iWand. I also have a Targus (which from what I understand the Boxwave, Targus, and Griffin and are all just re-branded versions of the same stylus). The thing is light as a feather-glides smoothly, not weary to use. I haven't touched the Targus since getting the Stylus R Us.

Hey zorah? Send me an email to WHERE you got that stylus. It's me. I've been banned from this site an been crying the whole time: NOT!!!!

Most reactions