What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings!!!!

Alex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Alex and i'm a Mac Addict. I think the iPad is a huge disappointment, but I registered early on this Forum just in case it isn't :D. I look forward to the iPad that will be released after the model that hasn't been released yet!!!!!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey Alex, welcome to the site. I think the software will ultimately determine the success or failure of the iPad and it's just too early to see what devs will cook up for it.

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ya Alex,

Dagnabit Alex, you are just too hard to please, why does it disappoint you?:)

What did you want it to have that it doesn't at this time?
(Maybe they'll catch you on the next Generation)

I think it will change the world, I haven't been this excited about a product
since MacPlus! The possibilities are endless. . .

My name is Jill and I'm addicted to Apple products. . . .

Jill
California

OP
A

Alex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ya Alex,

Dagnabit Alex, you are just too hard to please, why does it disappoint you?:)

What did you want it to have that it doesn't at this time?
(Maybe they'll catch you on the next Generation)

I think it will change the world, I haven't been this excited about a product
since MacPlus! The possibilities are endless. . .

My name is Jill and I'm addicted to Apple products. . . .

Jill
California

Hey Jill, i'm also a Mac Addict. I own an original Mac 128k, a Centris 610, a Beige G3 266(ZIF upgrade to G4/1ghz), iBook G3, iBook G4, mac mini, PowerMac G5, white iMac G5 (now dead thanks to leaky capacitors), an iPhone 3G, and the new 2009-2010 iMac.

With that said, I think the iPad in its current form is basically an iPod Touch for fat-fingered people!!!!

Things I would like to see to make me happy:
-FRONT mounted camera. The rear facing camera I think would be fairly useless in this product seeing as how it's not REALLY supposed to be used as a mobile device. It's more laptop-ish than a pocket pc. With a front mount camera, Skype would be great to use with the iPad.

-SD card slot. They're putting them in all their other products, why not this one? If Apple wants users to truly utilize the power of the iPad, by having an SD card slot, people can take what they were doing from work or home, save it to the SD card, and pop it into the iPad to continue their work.

-USB port. While having bluetooth is nice for things like a keyboard, it would be nice not to have to rely on WiFi to access another storage medium other than the built in flash drive. This kind of goes with the SD card slot. One or the other would have been nice.

-An INCLUDED case. Come on Apple!!!!! We all know that the special case is going to set us back another 60-80.....

Now I realize the camera connection kit essentially adds an SD card slot to the iPad, but who wants a bigass connector thing sticking out of the bottom of their iPad? Not to mention Apple will probably charge an arm for it. It would've been nice for them to at least include it with the iPad along with the case AND dock!!!!!

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

I bet they migrate towards the things you're wanting, probably just want to get their feet wet with it first. See which direction the market/users go!

Actually, I agree it's a big ORCA of an iPod, but that's what I like about it, it's for FUN!
I don't want to work at home, but I agree it would be nice to have that option:)

Jill

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Alex welcome here, the only point i can agree with you is the Web Cam, concerning the SD slot, i think have two possibility for they don't propose it
1)the place
2)the cost

but is not a so big cake as the have the dongle, of course it will be better if it be include, but is not a so big cake right ??

USB, not so big needing as we have the dongle SD...

Of course Apple can propose all accessories in the box but the price will suffer ... so they let us the choice to buy what we think we need ....

Frankly speaking i am puzzled about the webcam question ... do he will have it or not , and if not why they don't include it as the OS can drive it and the cost is really cheap .... i guess we will have the reply soon

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is all about content; display of content. That's all it was planned for and does so beautifully. Sure, it does creation but just in a temporary sketching mode until you are at a "real" computer.

iPad = Swiss Army knife...

Most reactions