What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from grey, drizzly England

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

just stumbled across this site. Good work and some very interesting stuff on here. Looking forward to getting home from work so I can spend some time looking through in more detail.

Just a quick question that I could ask in the iBooks forum I guess but as I'm here I see if I get any answers. I'm new to ebooks and so far am loving it, having almost finished my 3rd book in a week. I love the look of iBooks but given the lack of content and more importantly for me, the inability to read on my work PC (my working day isn't exactly busy) I've been using the Kindle app which I'm very happy with.

However, as everything in the digital world can be, if chosen, downloaded for lets say less than you would buy it on amazon I was wondering if books are also available for download? If so what format should I be looking for and how would I get the Kindle app to see it? If the iBooks app is the only way you can see downloaded books is there a way to put Kindle bought ebooks into iBooks so all my books are in the same app? Confused? yeah, me too. ;)

Thanks for any help.

OP
D

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sucks doesn't it? Still we did have a few weeks of sun, trouble is I was in the States when we had it. Oh well. Looks like we've got the same iPad too. Only one they had left in the store so while I don't really need the full 64Gb I thought I'm sure I can find enough crap to fill it up anyway.

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your welcome I wish there was a really good universal app to read them all stanza doesn't do to bad but I have found the prices and the books carried vary so I use them all. stanza I use for reading PDF books a lot of the time and the bn app let's you lend out your books.

Most reactions