What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'hi!' from the new guy!

ipaddoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi & G'Day!
I recently - after much forethought - bought an iPad2. I confess I was originally holding out for a Kindle DX as I like to read some. I knew the iPad could run the Kindle app but was worried about the battery life. Anyway I bought the iPad, got the Kindle app & also found you can run the iBooks app, so this gave me more ebook options!

What I do like most is the portability of the iPad when I want to check my email or surf a little.....so now I feel I've actually ended up getting more than what I was looking for............so I'm happy!!

Even after some good tips from my daughter I am still having some small problems with the software & some of the settings so I may ask you guys for some help.....Thanks in advance!!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi & G'Day!
I recently - after much forethought - bought an iPad2. I confess I was originally holding out for a Kindle DX as I like to read some. I knew the iPad could run the Kindle app but was worried about the battery life. Anyway I bought the iPad, got the Kindle app & also found you can run the iBooks app, so this gave me more ebook options!

What I do like most is the portability of the iPad when I want to check my email or surf a little.....so now I feel I've actually ended up getting more than what I was looking for............so I'm happy!!

Even after some good tips from my daughter I am still having some small problems with the software & some of the settings so I may ask you guys for some help.....Thanks in advance!!

Hello Doug, and a warm welcome to the forum. Good choice in electronic gear there!:) You've come to the right place to enhance your enjoyment of your iPad. You are among iPad enthusiasts here, where you will find a number of knowledgeable people happy to assist with any questions you may have.

Also join in the various discussion sections where you will meet people from different parts of the world, in a membership close to 300,000. Many questions to do with the iPad have been asked and answered, so take advantage of the forum Search facility.

And of course read the forum rules fully to appreciate the high standards under which this family-friendly forum operates.

See the rules here >>> http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, Doug, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 291,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

If you want book reader apps, there's the Kobo app.

Most reactions

Latest posts