What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenpois0n RC5 WINDOWS VERSION release

brimarsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
I know this isnt related but how do you reply in the iPad forums app?

Click the little blue arrow on the right hand side of the message,
then click the square on the bottom left of the message,
Then click the button under the battery icon & select reply. Simples

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried like 25 times and the jailbreak fails every time!

I follow the instructions, windows recognises DFU mode, I couch jailbreak, it starts the process, then says Jailbreak Failed. Every damn time!

Then i have to restore or retry the JB, which at least manages to reboot the iPad out of dfu mode and save me the trouble of restoring.

I have a 3G iPad and using windows 7 64-bit, greenpois0n rc5b4.
I have tried this on 2 computers.

I also tried on a 3rd machine running 32bit windows 7 but there green poison never even recognised dfu mode so I couldn't click jailbreak.

Am I the only one?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I follow the instructions, windows recognises DFU mode, I couch jailbreak, it starts the process, then says Jailbreak Failed. Every damn time!

Then i have to restore or retry the JB, which at least manages to reboot the iPad out of dfu mode and save me the trouble of restoring.

I also tried on a 3rd machine running 32bit windows 7 but there green poison never even recognised dfu mode so I couldn't click jailbreak.

Am I the only one?

You are running it in "Windows XP sp2" compatibility mode with admin privileges, yes?

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Am I the only one?

You are running it in "Windows XP sp2" compatibility mode with admin privileges, yes?

Yes, and I just tried it again just to be sure. No difference:(

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No prob, thanks for answering! Firmware is 4.2.1, I upgraded from 3.2.1 just last week.

Now I'm thinking about downgrading again to 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 so I can JB and also because since upgrading I have seen no major benefits. Still I'd rather not because I know my apps will eventually stop working as they update...

Any help is much appreciated!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dkazaz said:
No prob, thanks for answering! Firmware is 4.2.1, I upgraded from 3.2.1 just last week.

Now I'm thinking about downgrading again to 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 so I can JB and also because since upgrading I have seen no major benefits. Still I'd rather not because I know my apps will eventually stop working ad they update...

Any help is appreciated!

How did you run greenpoison in xp compatibility mode with administrator privileges? I can tell you if you are doing it wrong.

iPad 16gb Wi-Fi 4.2.1 jailbroken untethered

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dkazaz said:

Now I'm thinking about downgrading again to 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 so I can JB and also because since upgrading I have seen no major benefits. Still I'd rather not because I know my apps will eventually stop working ad they update...

Any help is appreciated!

How did you run greenpoison in xp compatibility mode with administrator privileges? I can tell you if you are doing it wrong.

Right click the executable, select properties, select the advanced tab and change compatibility mode to xp2 sp2 and tick run as administrator.

Then just to be safe I also right clicked and chose "run as admin" from the greenpoison.exe.

Update: I have just tried and failed with RC6 too!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dkazaz said:
Right click the executable, select properties, select the advanced tab and change compatibility mode to xp2 sp2 and tick run as administrator.

Then just to be safe I also right clicked and chose "run as admin" from the greenpoison.exe.

Well, you are doing it right. That's what I did. Hmm...

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next week I'll try to do it from a friend's Mac - maybe that'll work better:confused:

Malko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dkazaz said:

Hi. I had JB my Ipad with Redsnow (tethered). When greenpois0n was available, I JB on the Redsnow without problem. So, maybe you could first JB with Redsnow 0.9.6 and then with greenpois0n.

Bye

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks if doing it from a mac doesn't work, I'll do that next. I honestly don't understand why it doesn't work on any of my systems.

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally solved!

It finally worked - I tracked down the problem to an issue with 64-bit windows where sometimes the iPad is not recognized in DFU mode. An error pops up saying that a connected device was not recognized in the middle of the jailbreak - perhaps that is the problem and interferes with the process.

What I did was to backup the iPad, then do a clean restore to factory settings (to minimize any problems from configurations coming from my previous settings - e.g. I had jailbroken 3.2.1 and I thought it might be trying to copy some settings from the previous set-up).
After that, I didn't sync the old files or set it up as a new ipad - I just left it in a pristine state.

I then tried the JB on my 32-bit Windows 7 HTPC, but first I installed iTunes on it, which installed all the iPad USB drivers, including the DFU mode driver. After that the Jailbreak went through without any problems!

So if anyone is having similar problems, check those USB drivers and maybe uninstall & re-install iTunes.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dkazaz said:
It finally worked - I tracked down the problem to an issue with 64-bit windows where sometimes the iPad is not recognized in DFU mode. An error pops up saying that a connected device was not recognized in the middle of the jailbreak - perhaps that is the problem and interferes with the process.

What I did was to backup the iPad, then do a clean restore to factory settings (to minimize any problems from configurations coming from my previous settings - e.g. I had jailbroken 3.2.1 and I thought it might be trying to copy some settings from the previous set-up).
After that, I didn't sync the old files or set it up as a new ipad - I just left it in a pristine state.

I then tried the JB on my 32-bit Windows 7 HTPC, but first I installed iTunes on it, which installed all the iPad USB drivers, including the DFU mode driver. After that the Jailbreak went through without any problems!

So if anyone is having similar problems, check those USB drivers and maybe uninstall & re-install iTunes.

Awesome.

Most reactions

Latest posts