What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gps for ipad2 with 3g

sandie115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the new owner of an IPAD2 Wifi but it is WITHOUT 3G. I did not realize I could not use it as a GPS without 3g, not sure what I was thinking. Anyway people have told me I can get an aftermarket GPS receiver and some have said NO you have to have 3 G so NO GPS without the 3 G so need help. I know I can get the maps on 'net but want the GPS ability. IF I have to will sell this IPAD and get one with 3G or 4G etc. NEED your help!

rainbowcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sandie115 said:
I am the new owner of an IPAD2 Wifi but it is WITHOUT 3G. I did not realize I could not use it as a GPS without 3g, not sure what I was thinking. Anyway people have told me I can get an aftermarket GPS receiver and some have said NO you have to have 3 G so NO GPS without the 3 G so need help. I know I can get the maps on 'net but want the GPS ability. IF I have to will sell this IPAD and get one with 3G or 4G etc. NEED your help!

i made the same mistake, but i think it is just easier to buy a gps at this point. it is probably cheaper too.

jetspeed8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can get a Dual Electronics XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for iPad 2, as long as yours has bluetooth. Then just get a GPS app to go with it and you are done.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jetspeed8 said:
I am pretty sure you can get a Dual Electronics XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for iPad 2, as long as yours has bluetooth. Then just get a GPS app to go with it and you are done.

Yes, awesome unit from what I've read about it. Small size too.

OP
S

sandie115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, appreciate it. I was thinking if getting 4G hotspot but then if ATT there is a monthly fee of about $50 so that is nuts. The 3G on IPAD also needs monthly fee as I understand it so will look into your suggestions. I do have a Garmin GPS but thought the big screen would be perfect!

Most reactions

Latest posts