What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google's internet connection

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone catch this snippet on TNW?
Some chrome engineers were in a discussion and revealed a speedtest result with a ping of 3ms and a download speed of 523.96mb/second.
US average is c.10mb/second.....

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised the US average is that high seeing how many people live in comparatively remote areas.

They do know that measuring the ping off their own servers is kinda cheating right? I thought I was doing pretty well with a 15ms ping! (from Lincoln, UK to Milton Keynes, UK)

OP
H

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol No point in being a top dog if you can't cheat.

Still it's one hell of a download speed. We can only dream.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might find this interesting from 'we can only imagine' land:

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

it is 160 gB per second download speeds which means full HD movies can be downloaded in a second or less. Imagine how maddening that day will be when the entire Beatles collection or all Terminator movies can be downloaded faster than you can light a fine cigar. I see the RIAA objecting.

Bob

teecamo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, they are pretty crazy. I loved the video with the flying potato. Gotta hand it to Google.

Most reactions

Latest posts