What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google News ID

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When going to Google News using the latest IOS on an iPad 2, my accurate e-mail address comes up despite my using a VPN. I've reset the advertiser ID yet this still occurs. How can I disable this identification with Google News? Thanks. I've stopped this in the past but don't remember how.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning on Private Browsing, found at the lower left corner of a new tab. Or going to Settings > Safari, clearing cookies and data, and set Block Cookies to always. {iOS 7}

Private browsing would be the way to go if you only occasionally want to block cookies, the most likely culprit in Google's ability to identify you despite VPN. The other is more permanent, but may affect features on some sites that use cookies to store temporary data in Safari.

OP
B

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice re privacy. It did work. I seem to have learned to operate the iPad mostly by hit-and-miss. But the iPad is a wonderful business tool. I never would have been able to answer mail or post things so often and quickly without it.

Most reactions

Latest posts