What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reset Apple ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've completely restored my iPad3 to original state. It then rebooted, updated to latest iOS, and I signed in with brand new Apple ID. It was like using it for the first time. I spent some time re-organizing all the apps and settings as a "new" user.

However, oddly, in some cases MY OLD APPLE ID comes up asking for my password. MODERATED! One example is the App Store app — to either view Purchased or Updates. How the heck did my old Apple ID get retrieved? How can I globally reset the iPad so that my first Apple ID never gets shown again? And without having to restore it from scratch yet again?

MODERATED - THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM....Please mind your language, this includes abbreviations!

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
veryken said:
I've completely restored my iPad3 to original state. It then rebooted, updated to latest iOS, and I signed in with brand new Apple ID. It was like using it for the first time. I spent some time re-organizing all the apps and settings as a "new" user.

However, oddly, in some cases MY OLD APPLE ID comes up asking for my password. WTF?! One example is the App Store app — to either view Purchased or Updates. How the heck did my old Apple ID get retrieved? How can I globally reset the iPad so that my first Apple ID never gets shown again? And without having to restore it from scratch yet again?

Did you change your user ID in iTunes?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Have you installed any apps from your old account? Have you synced it to your itunes library?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
None of those steps are necessary.

All you've done, is have apps from both accounts on the same ipad, there is no way to transfer apps to another account. This is quite possible, I have apps from mine, my wifes and a US account I use (I'm in the UK) all on my ipad. When updates are required, you will have to use the appropriate account for the app to update it.

OP
V

veryken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of those steps are necessary.

All you've done, is have apps from both accounts on the same ipad, there is no way to transfer apps to another account. This is quite possible, I have apps from mine, my wifes and a US account I use (I'm in the UK) all on my ipad. When updates are required, you will have to use the appropriate account for the app to update it.

You're probably right. Those steps were probably redundant and ineffective, especially coming from an iPad newbie like me. Too bad the forum admin felt the need to delete it.

Now we'll never explore how to avoid getting the ghost Apple ID reappear on a reset/restored iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts