What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Chrome on my Apple iPad2 where it takes me.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since installing Google Chrome from the Apple Store on my iPad2, when I put in a URL click on it go to it then quickly I get a flipped over screen taking me to the Apple Store and showing me items for sale. There is no way to return to my URL, I just have to quit. Is this a normal item?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using Chrome as my browser and love it. Certainly do not have the problem you are getting. Hope someone can advise.

OP
I

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think it was just a startup item it's not doing it today. You never know how some programmers setup the programs. It just seemed strange that I got taken to the Apple Store.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It' good practice after installing new apps, to power down the iDevice and then power it backup, this helps everything get in-sync with each other. If that fails then try a hard reset, hold down the "Power" button and the "Home" button for at least 15 seconds, until you see just the Apple Icon, then let go and let it reboot, it will take a few minutes, be patient. Occasionally it takes 2 or 3 reboots to get everything working fine, especially with Jailbroken devices.

OP
I

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It' good practice after installing new apps, to power down the iDevice and then power it backup, this helps everything get in-sync with each other. If that fails then try a hard reset, hold down the "Power" button and the "Home" button for at least 15 seconds, until you see just the Apple Icon, then let go and let it reboot, it will take a few minutes, be patient. Occasionally it takes 2 or 3 reboots to get everything working fine, especially with Jailbroken devices.

I did a power down and I bet that got things right. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts