What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What an idiot - wheres the conventional screen on my new ipad2?

ph3iron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought i was 1/2 way literate, got a few laptops.
Got my ipad2 today - fired it up - where's the 'home screen' and all the nice little icons?
I get to the wifi page (=my home system) and can't get beyond it. I thought my password = the WEP number but no?
I can take it to the apple store tomorrow but I'm on the edge here!!

OP
P

ph3iron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get to the choose a network page, put in my home WIFI - see a strong signal + a lock icon. Is the lock stopping me from moving on?

Abidderman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is asking for your password for your network. The lock is showing that your network is password protected. It will be the same
password you use on your other computers.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear the iPad wants you to enter your wireless Key. If lost or not used previously you can reset it (best to use WPA2) through your computer browser going to 192.168.X.X (see wireless router manual), logging in and changing wireless security settings.

mosweiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to sync it with your iTunes connected to your PC First

Most reactions

Latest posts