What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader vs iannotate

iAnnotate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great replies, everyone! Here are the winners of this contest, chosen based on their originality and diversity. I wish I could choose more, but there were only so many codes.

First Winner: wipednwired
"I'm a university teacher, and need a portable and up to date way to grade papers on the move. My students already submit then electronically. I would use iannotate to make marginal comments with a stylus, highlight common grammar mistakes, add URLs to direct them to websites for further help, and to type longer comments at the end."

Second Winner: rajagopalanator
"I'm currently a junior economics major… who would love the chance to try iAnnotate to replace my note-taking workflows, which entail PDF annotation through Adobe PDF for some classes, typing up notes in LaTeX in others, and handwriting/using Word's journal for others… [A]s an econ major, professors almost always give us slides that need a lot of annotation, so iAnnotate seems to fit this niche perfectly."

Third Winner: ebk5
"I am a medical resident and have hundreds of PDF's of medical articles/publications that I review for work and educational purposes. It would be awesome to use an app that would allow me to annotate the articles so that I can review the important points of each article when I revisit them."

Fourth Winner: skimonkey
"I would love to try iAnnotate to help me annotate research articles for work. My responsibilities at work involve quite a bit of clinical research which directly requires a lot of reading. We are currently working on best practices in our Health System pertaining to patient outcomes. Being able to annotate articles and share with my co-workers would be very helpful."

Fifth Winner: Layth
"As an aspiring filmmaker I frequently work with and share large PDF files. While so far I found my iPad great at reading PDF files just as comfortably as printing them out (without the killing trees part!). Annotating them has been a challenge so far."

Note to winners: if you didn't add your email address into the message, please check your private messages for the promo code.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's too bad that no comparisons turned up for Goodreader and iAnnotate in this thread.

The really sad part is I actually own both apps, but since I bought Goodreader first, it is the one I use because I haven't had time to really dig into iAnnotate. I bought it (iAnnotate) on the recommendation of a colleague who thought it was great.

Both of these apps do look great on the new iPad.

dadave1244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,I am just beginning Medical School on Monday and want to use the program for note taking upon the PDF slides given in class. Please instruct me on how to get the free one, and once I use your program and understand how I promise to tell all my friends in the program to use it as well. Please also include any helpful tips on how to get started. My e-mail is....
Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kiwitech.com
Hey cutedog
I have been using goodreader for iPhone on my iPhone 4S and I am well satisfied with it. I have tried iannotate too but if compared goodreader for iPhone is a better application for the purpose.

iPad cases

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the same to Please Private Message iAnnotate for promo code as mentioned above. Thanks!

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems I have missed to get a code, right? since I also want to have a try the iAnnotate :(
But the GoodReader works smoothly on my iPad now ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts