What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader V. 4 Now Available at a Discount!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For those who use & like GoodReader, a new version (4) has been announced which offers numerous new features including a lot of editing - more information HERE - the upgrade is not free, but is at the moment being offered at a good discount, i.e. only $2.99 at the App Store.

I just downloaded the app - for previous users, your data must be 'migrated' over using a simple assistant (took me less than a minute) - if this has already been discussed in another thread, then my apologies - if not, fans may want to make a purchase. Dave :) P.S. I have nothing to do w/ this developer/app!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the upgrade and migrated my data. It took about 10 minutes to do the migration. I hope the upgrade is worth the money. I didn't even know they were doing a version 4.0.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's nice that they made it universal. Even if you're paying again, at least you don't have to pay again for both iPhone and iPad (if you own both).

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good point. I do have both, though I use the iphone version relatively little compared to the iPad. That's a workhorse for me. I guess I need to migrate the iphone version too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just finished updating both on this end.

They have been updating the app constantly, mostly free updates. This update looks to have a much cleaner user interface (after a very quick perusal), and a few other improvements.

I consider it a $2.99 well spent.

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got it. Rather than do the migrate, I just used the tools in the first Goodreader and selected a folder and selected to open it in the Goodreader 4. The folder and its contents were transferred. Only took me about three minutes to get everything transferred to the Goodreader 4. Said the migrate would take a long time and I didn't want to be waiting around. I had a lot of PDFs, and most were large and had a lot of embroidery photos and diagrams. No problem using the Open With and selecting the Goodreader 4 app and transferring the entire folder quickly that way.

It was also a good way to weed out docs and PDFs no longer needed.

Most reactions