What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good lightning accessories?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who has recommendations for good accessories for iDevices with lightning plugs?

As many of us know, lightning devices can be more finicky than 30-pin devices. So I'm hoping that people will post accessories (cords, plugs, docks, etc.) that they've tried and know will work well.

I'll kick off with this recommendation:

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter): MP3 Players & Accessories
(Note that the plug on this cord is beefier than the Apple one, which is a plus for me, but might not work with some cases.)

Mods: I'm starting this thread in this section because it crosses over iPad mini and iPad 4, into iPod touch 5 and iPhone 5, which some users might own even if they don't have an iPad with a lightning connector.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good, Kaykaykay.

I'd be interested in some of the recommendations myself. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All I have is Apple's 30pin to Lightning adaptor (the stubby one). It works fine with the Tango TRX speaker, though occasionally the whole thing comes off, not just the phone. The Tango is my bedside music/alarm clock setup, though I don't use the free apps associated with it.

One bonus, there is now enough slack in the system I could put just about any case I wanted on the iPhone and it would still fit. But, I still have not found a case I like better than the naked iPhone 5. At least not one I'm willing to pay for.

Most reactions