What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to purchase an Ipad 3.

mcdiddlydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any tips on what else I will need to buy with it? What kind of case is a good one? :eek:
thanks for your help.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Well you have already done one of the best things when it comes to getting your new iPad, and that is joining this forum :). It is always a good idea to find some sort of protective case or cover for your iPad if you plan on taking it anywhere. Even around the house it can get little scratches and blemishes on it. It is up to you how "intense" of a case you want to get. I have my iPad covered with a Zagg invisible shield front and back then use a smart cover for my daily use. When I travel I put it in a bit more heavy duty case as I am taking it in and out of my back pack all the time. Choice is up to you though. Take a look at this thread for some ideas, iPad Accessories, also check out some of our sponsors toward the bottom of the main forum page, you may see something you like.

seneca18

Last edited:

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the new iPad! It's all based on personal preference and need as far as cases and accessories go. I, too, have the Zagg HD Shield on the font and back of mine. It's a highly debated topic if you should cover the screen, I do just to make myself feel better I guess. The back can get scratched pretty easy so I covered that just in case I would want to resell it for a newer version.

My iPad travels with me daily so I use a couple cases. SaddleBackLeather has a beautiful case that I use when I'm traveling. If I'm at home it's usually out of the case. If I'm traveling and doing a lot of reading or writing and I don't need the bulk of my leather case but still want the security I use the Apple SmartCover and for the back the Incipio Feather.

I also have the long charging cord - very handy at home or in the vehicle. And i always have a couple of stylus with me - iFaraday is amazing for general use and the Adonit JotPro is great for writing/note taking.

The sky is almost the limit and once again it's based a lot on personal preference. Good luck and enjoy your new iPad!

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have slickwraps on back and front, I have the Logitech Keyboard by Zagg as a cover.
I am really happy with the Zagg, as I have dropped my iPad a few times, with the slickwrap I have no fear of scratching the back.
This is a good combination for me, I have no screen protector on the front.

seemo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not very delicate with my iPad. It goes with me every where. dropped it many times.spank my dog with it when he is bad. Let's my kids play with it whom are 2 years old and it still lives without a scratch and how? The otterbox case. It makes it heavy and bulky but worth every penny.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an otterbox on the first generation since my son has claimed it as his own:D I use a Targus slim folio on my 3rd generation. I love that it has a place for my stylus which I was always losing before!

Most reactions

Latest posts