What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gmail ?

Vettecor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an Ipad 2, already have Ipad 1. Ipad 2 will be here in about 4 days. How many Gmail accounts can an individual have ? I already have 2 Gmail accounts. 1 for my computer and 1 for my original Ipad.

Would Gmail be best for my Ipad 2 or should I go with another e-mail provider. ?

Thanks

graffixx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the newest Gmail client app instead of using the regular mail app. I haven't reached my limit on which Gmail accounts to log in with yet, and I'm at 4 so far.

Have you tried out the regular Google app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had three Gmail accounts loaded on the iPad at one time within the stock Mail app. Never had a problem (other than knowing which was which when I was in the "All Inboxes" section).

I like using Gmail because it is accessible anywhere and is relatively simple to use. But, that's me and YMMV.

Marilyn

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the distinct impression that the op does not realize they can use the same email account on multiple devices. Sorry if I am mistaken in my impression.

Why not just set up the same account that you use on your computer on the IPad also?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zphone said:
I'm getting the distinct impression that the op does not realize they can use the same email account on multiple devices. Sorry if I am mistaken in my impression.

Why not just set up the same account that you use on your computer on the IPad also?

Yep, I have my Gmail account synced to both my iPhone, iPad and also access via PC through Firefox. It's not like the actual emails are stored on the devices, they are all on the Gmail server - you are just viewing them from your devices.

OP
Vettecor

Vettecor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for being so stupid, but if I use the same email (Gmail), on say my Ipad 1 and I pad 2 and someone e-mails me, will it go to both Gmail accounts ?

Thanks guys for all your help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it will. That is because, technically, the iPad doesn't really have those e-mails on it. The Mail app is acting like a mirror in that it only reflects what is on the Gmail server. So, both iPad are viewing the e-mail in real time.

This also means that anything you do to the Gmail account on one iPad will be reflected on the other iPad (and the Gmail web site).

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Marilyn

romnickhudges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bookgator.com
Technically, it just same as opening your gmail account in your personal computer so you should not worry a lot on that. I've already opened 4 gmail accounts in my IPAD 2 and so far no problem, yet. Don't be afraid to try it out.

graffixx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vettecor, one thing to remember is that since you are accessing the Gmail server to read your mail on the iPad, it will sync with things you've read or not read when you go to any other device or computer. However, I have seen that saving a draft for email in the app does not sync with the Gmail server.

Most reactions

Latest posts