What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail user name & password incorrect

halo1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum & just bought my first iPad. I know this topic has been done to death but I've not been able to find a working solution.

So I know 100% that my user name & password is correct.
I can access my account from the iPad through safari without a problem
I've also tried the captcha solution
Tried running the account through the exchange server option
Tried restarting my iPad & deleting my email account.

Thanks hope you can help.

OP
H

halo1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So when I setup my gmail account through the email tab. It will not accept my username or password.

rendutzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the probleme with u..

Be waiting for the next reply then :)

OP
H

halo1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got my GF's gmail calender coming through fine, which is odd & perhaps points to gmail as being the cause.

JustinOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are setting it up as an exchange account you MUST use your full email address as your username. When it asks for a server and/or domain it is m.google.com. Try that.

OP
H

halo1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Justin, gave it a try but didn't work. I ran captcha again too at the same time. I'm about done trying for now. Ive put a gmail bookmark on my iPad desktop, so can access my emails.

Thanks for the help.

rendutzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can feel you

I ve used gmail app instead, but still i cant save attachment directly.. I ought to open safari to save the attachment

Sheptorious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was experiencing the same problem with the native iPad mail app.

I changed my password on gmail, then used the new password on the app. Everything works fine now again!

Most reactions

Latest posts