What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail not in sync on the ipad 2

dutchiedave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have gmail set up as an exchange client on the ipad. All works fine except when i delete or move emails through the browser they still appear in the inbox on the ipad.

Is there any way to get the ipad to sync properly.

Thanks,

Dave.

magpiemini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem, then I switched to the standard Gmail, NOT the Gmail app, that one is horible.

Go to Settings Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Exchange -> Turn off Mail and Calendars, I left Contacts on. Then press Done and press Gmail just under the Exchange. Setup your account and turn on Mail, Calendars and Notes. I also turned on Archive Messages.

Now when you press the Mail icon from the home screen (or task bar) you go directly into Gmail and all your folders will sync.

This works very well for me and everything that I see on my Desktop Gmail is on my iPad, even the very old stuff.

What is funny is that the Verizon rep set me up in Exchange and the rep at the Apple store suggested the change to straight Gmail.

Most reactions

Latest posts