What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad there's an iPad Forum --- youtube icon gone issue

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
An iPad specific app is in the works and will be available in the App Store as soon as it is available. BTW, videos will play in landscape mode when using the iPhone app on the iPad, do you have the rotation feature unlocked?

'An iPad specific app' to view YouTube videos? Or an app to take the place of YouTube? That is two different things, and the second does not address my problem of accessing my videos. Some of the vids I had uploaded from my iPhone and are no longer available elsewhere.

Also I can't imagine that I would have that option "Upload to YouTube" if I upgrade my iPhone. I won't be doing that seeing that my old, decrepit, archaic iPhone4 does not get half the upgrades that a 4S gets.

BTW, the iPhone YouTube app DOES NOT work in landscape mode on my old, decrepit, archaic iPad2. And yes i have the rotation feature unlocked. I've had this for all of 13 MONTHS! Why would I think I would get all of the upgrades that a shiny New iPad gets? No Siri, no Panorama, etc.

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
technogreenie said:
Thanks, this thread helped me. Was desperately looking for Youtube icon on my iPad. It's not that I care that much but its disappearance was a mystery to be solved. Why would Apple have removed the icon with this upgrade? Any ideas?

Because YouTube is a Google product. Same reason Google Maps is no longer available.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
technogreenie said:
Thanks, this thread helped me. Was desperately looking for Youtube icon on my iPad. It's not that I care that much but its disappearance was a mystery to be solved. Why would Apple have removed the icon with this upgrade? Any ideas?

It was removed because Apple's licence to include YouTube as a native app in iOS expired and was not renewed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube is available as an app in the App Store, look under iPhone apps. There are also YouTube players such as Jasmine in the App Store.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol this threads gone mad! But I am guessing since I can now see YouTube in ios6 on safari iPad 2 that is working, and since I no longer see a YouTube app on my iPad that it has all changed. Leave it to apple to train me like a puppy to go to a separate YouTube app to now change it. Curse thee apple gawds!

Most reactions

Latest posts