What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GIVEAWAY] Strotter Across SL iPad Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

kburton240

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went as Raggedy Ann in a costume made by my mom. She also made a Raggedy Andy costume for the boy next door, and we went trick or treating together. This year I'll be handing out candy in my ghost costume I've used for many years.

Klaudia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite was going with my husband as Shrek and Fiona.
We were a hit at the costume party! The parents had their kids take pictures with us, and of course we won best costume!

Enviado de mi VZW Note 2 usando Tapatalk 2

teasac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was a scare crow as a kid that I thought was my best but my favorite is actually the year my very young son dressed up in my dress blue Navy uniform and his best friend dressed up as a girl and they went out as a welcome home sailor team. it was the cutest thing ever on halloween.

Ocracoke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Halloween Santa

I am Santa every year, with real long bushy grey beard. We get between 600-700 kids, I kid you not, no pun intended, we live in a historic district, city sidewalks. You can not easily walk the sidewalks at times because of the crowds.

The small ones are confused, I just tell them Santa is getting old, he gets his holidays confused, he has to be somewhere.

cmatt3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giveawy

favorite costume is going aux natural. I was born on Halloween. This year I will be going casual

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Costume

Dr. Frankenfurter.

Seriously. One of two times a year that I relive the Rocky Horror glory.

denvertouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.getopen.com
Madddddd as a HATTER!

Hey Friends!

My absolute fave costume of all times was this Mad Hatter outfit I made...AND YES...I made it myself...sewing and all. Complete with a 3 foot tall hat!

It was made a lot out of my ma's favorite (yet terribly ugly) gold business suit. It had torn on her so much and she tried to keep it alive as long as possible. I decided to make that hideous suit go down in history by making my mad hatter costume out of it.

I had a TON of fun with it and my mamma LOVED the outcome of her suit....sure did beat the trash!

I already have an idiot-proof iPad case (I need it...believe me)...so If you pick me to win, the iPad cover will be going to my mom...us siblings are getting her an iPad for Christmas (DON'T TELL!).

By the way....a very happy un-birthday to you and happy Halloween!

Tea & Cheers!

Dave, The Hatter

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

miscue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chicken Sandwich

The best Halloween costume I ever wore was one that I made at the last minute. It was a chicken sandwich. I went to a craft store and bought two large pieces of foam and cut them out to look like bread and painted the edges brown and hot glued a green plastic tablecloth around the inside edges of one to look like lettuce. I then took yellow socks and wore over my shoes and put yellow rubber gloves on the ends of my shoes and work a chicken mask. Everyone loved it and I got a ton of laughs!!:D

Bullet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mom grabbed my hand and pulled me along to a thrift store; I've never forgot the smell of an old thrift store. I was told to stay by her side as she rummaged through old dresses; little girls my age were to listen to their moms. After what seemed like forever she finds a black dance dress from the 50's.
It was a crisp black taffeta dress covered in black lace. My mind started racing, was this for my Halloween costume? Saying few words she grabs my hand and off we went heading home. If the dress is for me it will down to the ground, I’m only 8 it’ll be way too long.
We come home; my dad takes the dress out of the bag, nods his head in approval and heads to his work shop. After what seemed like forever he emerges holding the black dress and some sort of small hat with a white crescent shape on top of it. My mom smiles.
After dinner that evening my mom calls me over…she’s holding the dress and strange hat. Within a few minutes I am wearing the dress which fits like a ball gown, she’s trying to balance this funny little hat on my head. “Reach into the pocket†my dad says…I look for a hidden pocket and reach in. Inside I feel a little button. My mom suddenly jogs to the light switch and turns off the lights yo darken the room. “Press the button†my dad says. I do. To my amazement the skirt of my dress lights up with stars, my funny little hat is glowing. Each star is perfectly placed under the black lace and seem to move with me. This is amazing but what the heck is it?
“Do you love it†my mom asks while grinning ear to ear. My dad stands tall, smiling as well. Foreign parents can be weird sometimes. “You are the night filled with stars and a beautiful crescent moonâ€.
Halloween night came. Mom handed me a beautiful black satin candy bag which she proudly adorned with silver stars to match my dress. “Remember, not to keep turning your dress on and off, you’ll wear out the batteries†was my last warning as I joined my friends and walked into the night….wait, I am the night.
How embarrassing, kids started laughing at me, “…are you from mars?†“What are you supposed to be?†No one knew. Each question was answered the same “I’m the nightâ€. Each and every answer was followed by silence and a stare. I kept walking until I finally reached the main events area of our neighbor where a costume contest was about to begin. I stood looking up at the stage platform wondering who will win this year. Adults started gathering around me asking what I was and upon my answer they immediately smiled and applauded…â€Yes, yes, you are the beautiful night with all the stars and the moon. Go up on stage, show everyone your costume.†A bit embarrassed and reluctantly I climbed the wooden stairs to the stage platform and stood in line with the rest of them.

Most of the children were swinging their candy bags left to right, smiling and thinking about the big $5.00 prize they were bout to win, I grinned and wished I was never here. “And the winner this Halloween is…..the nightâ€. I heard the applause from the crowd but hadn’t realized it was for me…I won, my costume won!
On my way home holding an envelope with a crisp $5.00 bill I was grinning ear to ear. “What are you supposed to be†I heard a kid say….â€I’m the night, and I just won first place in the costume contest, that’s what I amâ€. I should have been dressed as a peacock because that’s how beautiul I felt that moment. I was proud and loving my costume! I loved it even more when I came home and hugged my parents for thinking of and making something so original for me. That was a very long time ago and I still remember that Halloween night as if its tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts