What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gif.files change to jpg files when transferring from my windows PC to IPad

manyblackbears

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have many folders with animated gif .files that I created using Photo shop Elements. I want to insert these in my emais on my IPAD3 as my signature tags.
I transferred them over using iTunes into my photos folder and they all automatically saved as jpg. files instead. So now they are non animated when I insert them in my emails. Why did they change, and how can I keep them animated?

I spent so many hours creating them and now I can't use them on this Ipad. Doesn't apple recognize windows gif files?

Please help
Thanks

qwertymikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have this same problem, all the gifs from my pc are transferred as jpg when using itunes, how can i fix this

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to welcome you both to this gorgeous online community, where iPad users from all walks of life come together to discuss that very piece of technology and more. I invite you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!

We only ask that you kindly read the forum rules located here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html.

We welcome our newest members to the forum with enthusiasm and pleasure.

Goofy8275

qwertymikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
I would like to welcome you both to this gorgeous online community, where iPad users from all walks of life come together to discuss that very piece of technology and more. I invite you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!

We only ask that you kindly read the forum rules located here:

We welcome our newest members to the forum with enthusiasm and pleasure.

Goofy8275

ok, i already found a way using dropbox...

i have noticed that if i save gifs using chrome they are saved as jpg.... using the tumblr app.. same problem, it only workw with safari.

is this only me?
is there a spr button on ipad, lol?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, GIF files are not supported by the iPad "out of the box." You'll need to get a 3rd party app in order to view gif files. When I did a search in the App Store for "gif," I got 85 hits, so hopefully you won't have any trouble finding a viewer that'll suit your needs... :)

Marilyn

qwertymikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, GIF files are not supported by the iPad "out of the box." You'll need to get a 3rd party app in order to view gif files. When I did a search in the App Store for "gif," I got 85 hits, so hopefully you won't have any trouble finding a viewer that'll suit your needs... :)

Marilyn

hi, i was not askingn how to view gifs because I already know how to with an app, what the OP and I are asking is why when we transfer our gif images using itunes, they are saved as jpg on ipad........

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi, i was not askingn how to view gifs because I already know how to with an app, what the OP and I are asking is why when we transfer our gif images using itunes, they are saved as jpg on ipad........
Yes, and that is because GIF files aren't supported by the iPad out of the box, as Marilyn said. In the default Photo app t will be in .JPG, but the app will be .GIF.

Goofy8275

Most reactions

Latest posts