What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Apps

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have at least couple of apps that is not shown on the home page, but installed on my iPad.Before the 7.1 patch it, used to show up on update page on App Store, but after the update, it doesn't even show up in the App Store update, but when I search for the app, it says it is installed, already. I can open the app and use the app by accessing it via search on App Store, but it is not there on the home screen.

Does anyone know how I can restore the app so that I can run it from home screen?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Supposedly the app(s) is hidden in a folder, if you don't find it.

If it's installed on the iPad, you will find the app in Settings - General - Usage - Storage. Delete the app from there and reinstall it through App Store.
Disadvantage: data and settings in the app will be lost.

Last edited:

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Used Spotlight to see if it can locate app. From home page, swipe down and type name of app.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Advantage: you'll find the app and you're able to open it.
Disadvantage: you still won't know where it's hiding.

At the left next to it you will see if its in a folder, and in what folder. If its blank then at least you can open.

Have you ever tried doing a hard reset?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're right, the folder is mentioned. I see it at the right.

image-129645034.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts