What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating a re-installed app after crash

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a freeze updating an app on my iPad. Did a hard reset and app had disappeared! I now have re-installed original app from ITunes on my Mac but app store still thinks the update has been installed which of course it hasn't! How can I force app store to give me access to the upgrade??

Reaction score
Maybe it did install after all.

Have you searched for the app on your iPad? I.e. Go to the home screen and the scroll left until it shows the search, enter the apps name. If it does not appear there, you should be able to redownload it from the AppStore on your iPad. In the AppStore, the app should say 'install'.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have an answer---but will be interested in the answer if anyone has one.

I have the reverse problem: how do I prevent the app store from telling me an update is available after I have trashed the app?

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Maybe it did install after all.

Have you searched for the app on your iPad? I.e. Go to the home screen and the scroll left until it shows the search, enter the apps name. If it does not appear there, you should be able to redownload it from the AppStore on your iPad. In the AppStore, the app should say 'install'.

I re-installed the un-updated app from iTunes on my Mac. It is the original app but I want to get the update for it and app store thinks I have already installed it!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wgm51 said:
I re-installed the un-updated app from iTunes on my Mac. It is the original app but I want to get the update for it and app store thinks I have already installed it!

What about deleting the app from both your mac and your iPad then re-syncing, it may then allow you to download the current updated app?

The Archangel

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
What about deleting the app from both your mac and your iPad then re-syncing, it may then allow you to download the current updated app?

The Archangel

Yep....thanks that did the trick!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wgm51 said:
Yep....thanks that did the trick!!!

Not bad for a complete guess eh!

I may print out my previous post, put it in a frame and mount it on the wall over the fireplace!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts