What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!

Carioca_FL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great thread and I'm quite interested to see how you've managed to do all the themes modifications. Can you provide some insight? My daughter's crazy about Hello Kitty and her school's tuition includes a 3G iPad.

Thanks in advance!

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great thread and I'm quite interested to see how you've managed to do all the themes modifications. Can you provide some insight? My daughter's crazy about Hello Kitty and her school's tuition includes a 3G iPad. Thanks in advance!
Well as soon as i can get help on how to make the .deb & upload to cydia, I will post the name for the theme in cydia so anyone can install it (free). You need to jailbreak the ipad and pay 1.99$ on cydia for the pink keyboard addon.

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the final theme folders;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150537/Hello%20Kitty%20iPad%20Theme%20iOS%204.2.zip

What i need to do is;

1. Make the theme folder in to a .deb that will also install "winterboard" from cydia.

2. Add to the theme .deb "Lust SBSettings Pink Theme" that will also install SBsettings from cydia.

3. Make the BootLogo folder a .deb that will also install "BootLogo" from cydia. (make this available separately but that will install with my theme)

4. How to upload the .deb to cydia.

(by the way 2 things i never could figure out; volume progress bar ipad native video players & music control on lock screen icon to close. If you find a way let me know and i will update the theme)

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question with the right usb drive, can i access pdf/word documents/videos on a jaiborken ipad 1?

5_in_1_ipad_camera_connection_kit_2.jpg

Seven Hidden Features of the iPad Camera Connection Kit | Mac|Life

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i received a few items i order; wireless keyboard works great and the pink cover stick to it so it does not fall, Crayola iMaker works INCREDIBLE if you have kids this is a must. Waiting on the Teddy Bear Carrying Case and just order Jot Mini Stylus (went on sale today) I will let you know how both work.

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No help on the .deb file Come on iOS 4.2 version is done, you guys do this all the time. Anyone can help? I'm clueless...

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finished the .deb and uploaded to cydia (repo = ShAdOwXPR's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com) search for;

theme = "Hello Kitty iPad Theme iOS 4" (FREE)
BootLogo = "Pink Apple to Hello Kitty iPad BootLogo" (FREE)

I used this 2 videos to make the file;

folders;

.deb;

***iOS 5 version almost ready***

(Will make a New iPad 3 Theme (not for girls) but will not be free ($0.99), hope you will like it)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3 will be announce on Wednesday I'm expecting Retina/LTE/8m Camera/Quadcore. Here are the apps I choose for my niece iPad 1;

Educational;
photo4-1.jpg
photo5-1.jpg

Books;
photo1-3.jpgphoto2-3.jpg

Fun;
photo1-2.jpg

Coloring/Drawing;
photo2-2.jpg
photo3-2.jpg

Games;
photo3-3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! so i never posted photos of the ipad finished;

1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Since the 5.0 jailbreak too so long i gave her the ipad with ios4. The ipad was stuck on the apple boot logo and i decided to upgrade to ios 5.1.1. And the theme i made for ios 5 almost work out of the bat but I have a few problems;

slider files on the springboard theme folder are not being used by ios 5.1.1, also the status bar icon are not recognize;

photo11.png

Icon custom borders are not recognize;

photo8.png

notes theme is only recognize halfway;

photo13.png

Contacts theme is not recognize at all;

photo5-2-1.jpg

And bootlogo animations are not working on ios 5.1.1. Already downloaded the cydia fix for ios4 and ios5 it is still not working.

Icons, theme animation and notification is working. Also messenger, calendar themes, reminders and pandora are working fine;

photo1-4.png

photo2-4.png

photo9.png

photo10.png

photo12.png

photo4-2.png

photo6.png

SO PLZ!!! help me is you have ios ipad themes working. I WILL GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Shadowxpr...I was just thinking of you the other day and wondered whether your niece liked her gift from you!

The pics of her gifts just look so wonderful-- a lot of love and work has gone into all this. So LOVE the Hello Kitty theme!!

Thanks for giving is an update!

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Shadowxpr...I was just thinking of you the other day and wondered whether your niece liked her gift from you!

The pics of her gifts just look so wonderful-- a lot of love and work has gone into all this. So LOVE the Hello Kitty theme!!

Thanks for giving is an update!
Tnx

! sorry after i gave her the ipad I forgot to post pictures. Hopefully i can fix the little stuff on ios 5.1.1 so i can returned it promptly. By the way iphoto works great on original ipad...

Most reactions

Latest posts