What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting bummed bad!!

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was truly very excited to get an IPad2, but however Apple's inability to keep the market saturated enough to get them into consumers hands, has my excitement waning. Has the production fallen off or something, I can't find one anywhere and haven't been able too for sometime!!

azntrinityxq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come you don't just order from apple? On their website is say 1-2 weeks ship. So you check every walmart, target, best buy, toy r us, and radio shack?

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a sure way to get ne, order it directly from Apple. I think I have seen people saying you can get one now in about 2-3 weeks.

Unless the recent developments at the manufacturing plant will have an impact.

If you want to solely rely on your local retalers, you might wan to download the iPad finder app (if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch etc.) and keep on searching. The app is actually the one that helped me in the right direction a few weeks ago when I decided I wanted one right then and there.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the situation is simple apple manufactures around 4 million ipads per month demand exceed production our store near me whom is 100% Apple has more than 60 back orders oh and that is in the last 2 weeks . thats life

Last edited:

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I was the luckiest sob on Monday when I called my local Apple store and they had them in stock.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come you don't just order from apple? On their website is say 1-2 weeks ship. So you check every walmart, target, best buy, toy r us, and radio shack?

I live in Boston and every brick and mortar store was out of them within a 50 mile radius. None of them had any time frame on when they were getting another shipment in. Best Buy told me they hadn't had them in stock in weeks. I lucked out and called an Apple store that had just got a shipment in that day. Even then by the time I got to the store no more than 3 hours later I got the last one they had in stock.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You had to wait to get your drivers license, first kiss, first ******, etc etc.

You can either wait in a huff and all bent out of shape, or you can order from Apple on line, or use your free time hunting the local stores. It is all about the attitude with which you proceed. Either look forward with anticipation or you look forward with tension, anger and frustration. Or you bury your head in the sand and moan about how you have to wait and wait and wait.

Your life, your choice.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told by a friend of mine that a factory in Japan that manufactures a part/parts for the iPad 2 was partly destroyed during the earthquake. I don't rightly know how true this is, but that's what I was told.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Wal Mart, I've been to a few different ones over the last few days and each one of them had at least 5 for sale.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Wal Mart, I've been to a few different ones over the last few days and each one of them had at least 5 for sale.

Seems like Walmart in general got a shipment of them in the past few days. I went to my local one today and they just got 10 in of all the flavors.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend overseas wanted one so I called our local Apple store (Naperville IL) yesterday to see if they had any white/64/AT&Ts available. Was told they did but couldn't promise that they'd be there when I arrived as there were people in the store shopping for them. When we got there they still had them, one at least, so we took it and out of curiosity I asked if they had any black versions of it left. Was told they did. Couldn't talk my wife into buying a second for us though.:(

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No conspiracy or mystery here. Simply demand exceeds supply. The iPad 2 is THE most sough after consumer product on the planet. I ordered one from Apple, 2 week delivery. During that time I constantly checked Best Buy stores and the Best Buy iPad tracker on line. Found the one I wanted at Best Buy and cancelled my Apple order. Really, the hunt was fun and exciting. Came so close several times.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are popping back into stores in the UK. Albeit in dribs and drabs.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts