What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you got frogs Ivy? I haven't seen any yet? I've got loads of ponds made of old baths, pots etc...

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you got frogs Ivy? I haven't seen any yet? I've got loads of ponds made of old baths, pots etc...

there are often frogs and toads in the garden as some neighbours have ponds,there was a huge one one evening touched my foot as i was bringing in washing,i went all girly and squealed lol.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, I can see that happening to me! I love them but don't jump on me please? I don't mind spiders either. My kids squeal and I have to 'rescue' the poor thing. I'm just pleased that I don't have to put up with cockroaches anymore. In South Africa, they are a pain. I notice though that Mosquitos are here to stay. It was only midges before.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness--love the conversations going on about chickens, foxes, snails, hedgehogs, etc!

It's all very interesting to read everybody's garden issues! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my goodness--love the conversations going on about chickens, foxes, snails, hedgehogs, etc!

It's all very interesting to read everybody's garden issues! :)

What with slugs and Bran Flakes I couldn't remember if I was in the gardening thread or the food thread discussing French delicacies!

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of getting rid of the snails, add them to the dinner plate.;) Thanks for the idea, Gabe.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i just planted my beans,if i plant some potatoes i would have a meal,snails in garlic butter,baby new potatoes and fresh young beans,,,,mmmm

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...and I'll add my lettuce greens as a side and my spearmint leaves for our tea':)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, we're all in agreement here, snail traps in the gardens, followed by a quick transfer to the food thread?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mum used to put beer traps in for the slugs, a little plastic cup or cut off bottom of a plastic bottle buried up to the rim, half filled with beer. The slugs fall in and drown. There is a win-win to this because hedgehogs are in decline so imagine how they will thrive on a diet of slugs marinated in beer......it'll be party time in the garden!

The Archangel

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My mum used to put beer traps in for the slugs, a little plastic cup or cut off bottom of a plastic bottle buried up to the rim, half filled with beer. The slugs fall in and drown. There is a win-win to this because hedgehogs are in decline so imagine how they will thrive on a diet of slugs marinated in beer......it'll be party time in the garden!

The Archangel
lol,i just got an image of my Hedgehogs weaving around the garden stoned out of their little heads.

Most reactions

Latest posts