What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaming Controller for iPad 2?

xxevilpx3nrxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am purchasing an iPad 2 in the near future, and was wondering if there was a Xbox 360-like controller, for gaming? I know that there is Bluetooth capability in the new iPad 2, but is it doable to connect some sort of Xbox 360-esque controller to the iPad via Bluetooth or some related manner? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I am not aware of any gaming controllers for the iPad, but maybe other members will know of something that's out there. The interface capability of the iPad is fairly limited and there's no way of 'intercepting' the touch screen interface that a gaming controller would need to have access to.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an iPod touch, try the controller app that let's you connect your iPod to the iPad to use as a controller

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes give that app a try, I have not used it yet with ipad but it works really well hooked to laptop for gaming, I like it!

OP
X

xxevilpx3nrxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like what Mplough was talking about, with the external, attaching controls. However, is there a way to connect a Xbox 360/Bluetooth/PS3 controller via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth? Is it even doable without jailbreaking?

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if the USB adapter from the camera connection kit would have any compatability with a USB game pad, since it work just fine with a USB keyboard even when the iPad 2 is not rooted.

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Game controller would be awesome! I have the first gen ipod tough, wonder if the controller app will work with it? Im guessing probably not as it is not multi touch.

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upon doing some more searching, the OnLive iPad stuff that is supposedly coming in the near future looks pretty awesome for "console" gaming on the iPad. I have been interested in the OnLive device for a while, but don't know anyone personally who has used it to tell of its quality or lack thereof. Anyone here familiar with these streaming "console" gaming devices?

MacBoy5839

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have been interested in onlive gaming. I setup an account on there and played a few game(they have free full game play trials in just about all there games and this is all on my 13" MacBook pro) and was a great experience. The only issue with it so far as I can see is it determining your Internet connection so of you have poor Internet onlive won't load and it tells you that. Other then that it's pretty cool can't wait for the iPad version to come out.

Most reactions

Latest posts