What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustrated with video conversion

griffindodd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going nuts trying to create video that will sync to the ipad from iTunes.

I've tried various encoders including the iTunes 'convert to ipad' option, handbrake and some commercial releases with no real success.

Handbreak cant handle 5.1 audio sources so mashes up the audio.
Convert to iPad in iTunes creates video that is blank but with good audio
All the commercial apps result in video that cannot be synced in iTunes, it's driving me nuts.

I'm am following the iPad video specs but iTunes still refuses to sync the video saying it cannot be played on my iPad

res<1280x720p,
MP4 H264 with
audio mpeg4aac 160k
framerate <30fps

What am I doing wrong??:(

OP
G

griffindodd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope no copy protection. I did follow the guide and had some success but that was even more weird. I lined up 17 of my 1080p movies for conversion to 1280x720 with all of the settings described in the numcheck post. They all converted fine, yet only 6 of them would sync to the iPad, the rest it said could not be synced. I noticed iTunes reporting resolutions wrong on some of the files which is not doubt the reason it doesn't want to send them over to the iPad.

Got to try and figure out how to fix that so they will sync, man this sure is a royal pain inn the butt getting video onto my 'magical' media device

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure that the data rate isn't too high and that they're really MP4 videos. Other thN the resolution, the data rate seems to be a limiting factor.

OP
G

griffindodd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah my data is around 2400k so that should be fine. I did notice that that the encode went a bit screwy with some of the files. They came out with the movie encoded twice in the same file and the resolutions were off. Trying s new batch to see if I can replicate the results.

Most reactions

Latest posts