What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen touch screen and feeling helpless

Frankia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post and hoping someone out there can help.
Problem, my IPad Air 2 was being used outside in the sun and overheated with an emergency warning.
It was left to cool down but now has a frozen touch screen.
I have tried all the remedies that apple suggests but the screen remains frozen.
When connected to my PC iTunes recognises the iPad and allows for a backup which did not cure the problem. I then tried a system restore which completed ok and left the familiar hello start up screen but the screen remains frozen and I cannot do anything. Any ideas out there ?

OP
F

Frankia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but already tried that and I tend to agree it could be a hardware fault. Our local Apple store is closed due to virus but suspect a repair by them would be costly?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad Air 2 has been released in 2014 and discontinued in 2017. If it’s a hardware problem, a repair won’t be cheap.

Even though Apple Stores are closed in your country, it’s possible to contact Apple online:
Get Support
Or via phone call:
Contact Apple for support and service

Your device is out of warranty. You might also consider third-party repair services, if you know a trustworthy company somewhere near you.

Most reactions

Latest posts