What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front LED Notifications Coming To iOS?

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEnZOPmM6Y4]YouTube - ‪iPhone 5 Prototype With Front LED Notifications - iOS Vlog 478‬‏[/ame]​

Today this image on an "iPhone 5" Prototype popped up on the web. The photo got popular around blogs quickly, since then the rumors and comments have been rolling in.

The swirl you see at the top of the image is supposed to be an LED light that lights up notifications. Similar to the Sidekick and many other phones, this light would supposedly have different color LED lights for different notifications. How cool would it be if you could get a light blue every time Twitter pops up.

Apple has taken the idea of LED notifications quite seriously, as we saw in iOS 5, would this really be that crazy? I personally think the photo is BS, but think of the possibilities.

We'll just have to see what Apple comes up with in the end when the iPhone 5 is rumored to be announced/released in September.

Source:
Photo leaks of iPhone prototype running on the China Mobile network? | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its about time that they came up with that feature :p Even a phone thas $20 has a front led system lol

Oltrelogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I think usually put my iPhone display down. It’s just something I do. But does it continue to flash, or just once? My old Android flashed until you checked it out.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it might be good and bad, depends what kind of work you do. In case is not at all having a led light blinkin' because a notification.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts