What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FREE video converters

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
For those of you thats not familiar with video conversion for the old trusty iPod or iPhone these free apps for Mac and PC will help you out in a snap to convert your fav videos to iPad.

Yes, I know that iTunes will do it aswell but in order for this to happen it needs to be in mp4, mov format already! These apps will convert anything you throw at it (maybe not flash, but Apple Quicktime will take care of that for a price!)

iSquint (Mac only)
DOWNLOAD HERE!

19769_scr.jpg

Thank you MacUpdate for the screenie!

Handbrake (available for Mac & Windows)
DOWNLOAD HERE!

mac1.png

Thank you Handbrake project 2010 for this screenie!

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post. Maybe it will prevent some of the spammers from posting about there video converters.

For me I recommend Handbrake. It does a great job. It has an AppleTV preset that should work for the iPad so you don't have to mess the individual settings unless you want to.

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
There is also a hardware device -- a usb-stick called Turbo.264.HD from Elgato. It is just about the fastest conversion method there is. On my older Intel iMac Handbrake will take about three hours to convert a movie from avi to mp4. Turbo will do it in an hour or so. One caveat is that Handbrake's conversion is better, depends on your use. For a screen the size of the iPad's the Turbo.264 is great. Even for Apple TV on a normal TV. But if you are going to be hooked up to a 1080p 52" HDTV you may want to spend the extra hours with Handbrake.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad video converter

There is also a hardware device -- a usb-stick called Turbo.264.HD from Elgato. It is just about the fastest conversion method there is. On my older Intel iMac Handbrake will take about three hours to convert a movie from avi to mp4. Turbo will do it in an hour or so. One caveat is that Handbrake's conversion is better, depends on your use. For a screen the size of the iPad's the Turbo.264 is great. Even for Apple TV on a normal TV. But if you are going to be hooked up to a 1080p 52" HDTV you may want to spend the extra hours with Handbrake.

Neil Handbrake in my MacBook just took at least 20 minutes for 1h30 movie ...

Ronanb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Realplayer can be downloaded for free. Anything that can be played in Realplayer can be converted by the program to itunes format.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any news if Handbrake will be available for the IPad? or is it a mute point.........

I think it would be cool if they would allow at least storage of the offending non-apple supported file format until Hanbrake could convert it on the IPad directly and then delete the original.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked the Hbrake site and they have been working on an IPad preset since May '09, but nothing like what I posted.

Last edited:

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
downloaded handbrake on my lil bs netbook and it want run its sayin my resolution to low and i have it to the max

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

Most reactions

Latest posts