What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free ebook sites, already in iBook (ePub) format

sualcalay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This forum is the best thing evah!!!

Man registering here was the best thing ever! Let us all outsmart Steve Jobs! :D

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is any website where I can find swedish ebooks?
All the tips mentioned till now has english as the only option, I'm afraid...

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle apps have tons of free books through Amazon. No Kindle needed. The free newsletter, Kindle Nation, has weekly lists of freebies along with 99 cents on up.

DigiLibraries

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free eBooks

Another free ebooks library: DigiLibraries.com
Over 20’000 eBooks...

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have some epub books in my pc & i want to put them in my ipad . Plz temme how can i ???

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just copy them into iTunes books section and then synch my iPad to iTunes.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

rpmazur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Readers and format

Hey, just jumped into this site looking for books and needed to sound off. Most of the "free books" are those where the copyrights have expired and the books are now considered public domain.

As for readers (and converters), I am using Calibre on the Mac (it's also available for Window$) and for the iPod Touch/iPhone I use Stanza (which can be found from the iPhone/iPod Touch app store). Calibre allows you to convert from any format to any format, with the Kindle format and ePubs being the most common ones in use.

DRM, that's another story. While some would argue that you have bought the eBook, it's yours to do with what you want. That's a philosophical/ethical question that I'm not going to get into. With that said, there are tools available, which I am sure I can't discuss here but if you google Aprrentice Alf, you will see what I mean.

Cheers

Rob

ipadnubs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh great. i just found this site [Moderator Edit: Removed link to e-book piracy site] in

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to interrupt this conversation to remind people about e-books, websites to get them and piracy.

If you come across a web site that allows you to get e-books, either for a price or for free - and that web site states you can get the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling - do NOT go there! That is a piracy site as those books, especially, cannot be legally obtained as an e-book.

So, please do not post these web sites giving wonderful deals until you ensure it is not a site that is leading you to piracy. We will catch it here at iPadForums. If you are a n00b, we'll probably just warn you about piracy. However, if you are a long-time member ... well, consider yourself warned.

If everyone wants to know what happens to pirates here at iPadForums, please read the rules.

Thanks for your time ... and your compliance. Downloading illegally obtained/created e-books IS piracy. Don't be a pirate!

Thanks.

Marilyn

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just copy them into iTunes books section and then synch my iPad to iTunes.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

You can also drag them into Dropbox from your PC and do an "open in" on your Ipad and all the apps you own that can read epubs are shown to choose from--I have 9 apps that can read epubs but I tend to use Stanza.

If you are unaware of Dropbox go to dropbox.com and check it out. I use it to move files around ON the Ipad and to move them between PCs, laptops and Ipad. Free for 2GB

freeibooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just resurrecting an old thread - I've set up a Facebook page to share good, free reads on iBooks. Anyone is welcome to post recommendations! Please join me so I'm not alone :D

It's called "Free Reads on iBooks and iTunes"

Last edited:

freeibooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Geek :p Yeah, good ones are tough to find, which is why we need some poor souls to dig through the rubbish!

thetibetandrum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Free Ebook Download in epub -The Tibetan Drum- Science Fiction

The Tibetan Drum

The tale of an inquisitive young man that marvels at the meanings of life to find the voices in his soul and discover the truth from within.

Free Ebook Download Available on The Tibetan Drum Website

Attachments

• ebookcoversmall.jpg
    ebookcoversmall.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 561

Most reactions

Latest posts