What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An indepentant ebook store

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Just to maybe broaden your reading options a bit... this site https://www.fifobooks.com/ has ebooks written by indie authors. Not the big names, but self publishing and small publishers.

The books are DRM free and iPad/iBooks friendly. Prices are pretty good as well. When you buy a book, just download it to your computer. Then import the file into iTunes and it will show up in your books. If there is an option, be sure to get the ePub format....

Not for everyone, but another option..... and I like options :)

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
Thanks man! Options are good.

I did go there and found a free book, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, something I've wanted to read for a long time. It says it's from Google Books, so does that mean it's just a port and I could get it from Google Books as well? Or have they don't something with it (some sort of added value)?

One note: Even for a free download you need to provide an email address. But to not be on their email list you have to go to their contact page and specifically request to not be on it. I found that a little odd but otherwise, seems like they're trying to be an indie alternative.

Most reactions

Latest posts