What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Security Tips for your iPad

rattrap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idan, thanks for the tips/reminders.

unfortunately the ipad is vulnerable to theft because of it's size...fortunately it's easy to keep close to it's owner because of it's size.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on how clean you keep the screen, it is somewhat obvious by finger smudges what the code might be.....

Roundplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gomuvn.com
Thanks for the post. I've been using the iPad for Exchange mail from work, so the passcode was a requirement for that. Depending on your organizations security protocols , you could get a big surprise though. I've had friends whose family member tried several incorrect passwords in their iPhone. The system then automatically performed a remote wipe and they lost all their personal info pics, contacts, etc. So if you use passcode and Exchange, just make sure your family knows not to enter the password if they don't know it.

GaryD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lock down your ipad

To protect your iPad from theft, look at the STAYPad from Doss Industries.

It will mount to a wall or table, or can be secured with a cable.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Post #1 says:-

"Although not included in their four tips, the blog also features an iPad case from NewPCgadgets that has a combination lock, which is of course another practical way of preventing your iPad security from being compromised if lost or stolen".

A case with a combination lock?? - you regard that as one of the ways to make your ipad secure? - I am sure a good pair of scissors would overcome this particular tip very easily. :eek:

Snowwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for sharing this tips............will certainly act on it when I rec'd my Ipad soon...............;)

Becky B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really hard to understand why there is no security slot (Kensington slot) on the iPad. Doesn't Apple think that people will travel with their iPads and need to secure them in their hotel rooms when they go out to dinner?

So I hunted for a solution. I found a clear case that comes with a security cable, which sounded great until I read that if a thief tries to break the case, the iPad will be damaged. Since it's unlikely that a thief would know this, you can be certain that your iPad will be damaged in the attempt to steal it. So this security "solution" just gives the alternative of having your iPad damaged instead of stolen. What is the advantage in that? None.

I kept hunting until I found a real solution. Vaultz.net has a hard shell netbook case that locks, and the case itself has a Kensinton security slot on the outside. The interior of this case is large enough for the iPad even with the iPad in it's own case. And you'll have room for the cords, your cell phone and more. The model number is VZ00108, and you'll find it under Briefcases. It costs $30. (Vaultz.net). Check it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts