What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a Broken Ipad

pettyfan93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an ipad on the road that had been run over by a car. It is pretty beat up and the screen is shattered. So do you think I could call apple and get them to trade it out for a refurbished one at a discounted price.

Thanks in Advance for all replys and suggestions

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an ipad on the road that had been run over by a car. It is pretty beat up and the screen is shattered. So do you think I could call apple and get them to trade it out for a refurbished one at a discounted price.

Thanks in Advance for all replys and suggestions

To add to SweetPoison's post, why not be a good citizen and return it to the Apple Store and tell them how you found it? Probably it fell out of someone's car or a kid threw it out a car window (ouch!). But as SweetPoison said, each iPad has a unique serial number electronically encoded into it so Apple will know whose iPad it is and will be able to contact them and tell them that their iPad has been found. Just think how grateful the owner will be and how good you'll feel for doing such a noble deed.

Tim

OP
P

pettyfan93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think about being able to return it to its owner by finding the serial number. I'll call apple, let them know what happened, and see what they want me to do with it. Thanks for the reply Tim; It was very helpful. I doubt the owner will be to thrilled with its condition, but I guess a broken ipad is better than no ipad.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pettyfan93 said:
I didn't think about being able to return it to its owner by finding the serial number. I'll call apple, let them know what happened, and see what they want me to do with it. Thanks for the reply Tim; It was very helpful. I doubt the owner will be to thrilled with its condition, but I guess a broken ipad is better than no ipad.

Trust me, if it was YOUR iPad in that situation, you'd want that someone would make the same effort. Karma rewards but it can also be a bitch.

I hope that Apple will be kind enough to replace the iPad for the owner with at least a refurb of the same model. That'd be uber cool and speak volumes about the company.

Let us know what happens.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
P

pettyfan93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I don't believe in that karma stuff, but the bible does say to treat others the way you would want to be treated (Matt. 7:12). I'll be sure to let you guys know what happens tomorrow. It would be awesome if apple replaced it for them.

OP
P

pettyfan93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called apple and gave them the serial number. They said that that had all the owners information and that all they needed to do is bring it by a apple store and they would replace it. However they refused to contact the owner and let them know their ipad had been found because the owner has to report it lost or stolen first.

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pettyfan93 said:
I called apple and gave them the serial number. They said that that had all the owners information and that all they needed to do is bring it by a apple store and they would replace it. However they refused to contact the owner and let them know their ipad had been found because the owner has to report it lost or stolen first.

You mean theyd replace it for free? Wow..

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pettyfan93 said:

Hmm...run a "found" ad in craigslist and/or the local media... the rightful owner needs to do is show up at an Apple Store to show his purchasing credentials and they can link the unit to him.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pastan said:
You mean theyd replace it for free? Wow..

That's what I say. Amazing they'd be willing to do that. How many other companies will?

Most reactions

Latest posts