What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't believe my Ipad 2 still works

Bneal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of stories about IPads breaking easily so thought I would share my story. My wife recently had hip surgery while I was helping her get in the car I laid my iPad of the top of the car, you guessed it I forgot it. While traveling down the road at 55 mph I heard a bump looked in the rear view to see my beloved iPad skipping down the road, did mention it was dark the only reason I could see it was the headlights from the four cars behind me. I turned around to pick up the piece while sharing a number of what I call sentence enhancer. The case was in the middle of the road and the iPad laying where the tires normally run face down... I was sick.....picked it up hit the button WOW it comes on I can't believe how luckily I was. Don't get me wrong the screens cracked in two places but it works.....

Attachments

• image-2473514902.jpg
    image-2473514902.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 355
  • image-3671076541.jpg
    image-3671076541.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 875
  • image-1001289333.jpg
    image-1001289333.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
OP
Bneal

Bneal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS How hard is it to replace the screen ?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazing that your iPad took such a tumble and still works.
There are lots of videos on youtube showing how to replace a screen. I replaced one on an iPhone 3GS. It was pretty easy. An iPad is much larger so should be easier for my old eyes. Kits to do the job are available on the web. Get one from a reputable dealer so you can easily return it for exchange if they send you the wrong screen.
The best advice I can give is take your time, be patient. And, be careful the broken screen will have very sharp pieces.
Good luck.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's like a Timex watch. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's like a Timex watch. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!!

Lol, apple makes very good products. Can't take that away from them. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Lol, apple makes very good products. Can't take that away from them. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I do have to give them credit for solid hardware. I'm impressed. Having something last a while makes the higher initial price much more worth it. :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
I do have to give them credit for solid hardware. I'm impressed. Having something last a while makes the higher initial price much more worth it. :)

Yup!!! I've had my iPhone 4 since 4/2011 and it seems brand new to me. I found with previous phones they start to break down after 1.5 to 2 years, almost be design, so you can buy another. Me, I just move on to another brand rather than purchasing the same one that will break down again lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts