What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formatting ipads for old people

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ideas on settings ,apps,etc.? This is for an elder with zero pc skills. Tried a laptop once and mouse clicking was the biggest barrier. I figure I'll give a pad a shot this time round.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would put the most important apps in the dock , just in case scrolling becomes an issue. Things will be easier when IOS4 is available because multitasking will be available so you will not have to explain why things disappear when switching from one application to another.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad should be the most old people friendly device there is....you see something you touch it...thats the interface.

There are videos of 2 yo children using them.

Should be a lot easier a concept than a mouse, since it is a LOT less abstract.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought I saw some font size settings.can't remember where.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I've said in a another thread....

Both my retired parents have played with my ipad and seem to get on very well with it in a short space of time - my dad wont even use an ATM.

Personally I'd just give it to them and see how it goes from there... Just treat it as a little experiment ;)

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com

For Mail, you can choose Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large or Giant for font size, in the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" settings.

When iOS 4 is available for iPad you'll be able to change the overall font size for Mail, Messages, Notes and Contacts (in the Accessibility settings).

I hope this helps.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score

For Mail, you can choose Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large or Giant for font size, in the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" settings.

When iOS 4 is available for iPad you'll be able to change the overall font size for Mail, Messages, Notes and Contacts (in the Accessibility settings).

I hope this helps.

thanks

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad should be the most old people friendly device there is....you see something you touch it...thats the interface.

There are videos of 2 yo children using them.

Should be a lot easier a concept than a mouse, since it is a LOT less abstract.

I babysit my nine month old niece every weekend and she loves my iPad...last time she actually grabbed it out of my hands. She's going to be like her auntie--a big gadget freak.:D

Most reactions

Latest posts