What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For iPad Air users, will you still bother to upgrade when a new iPad is released?

Will you still bother to upgrade deom an iPad Air whne a new iPad is released?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not an owner of an iPad Air, but I managed to get my hands on one. What a wonderful device! I sure wished I had one! It was a really powerful device.

So. The question is, even though the iPad Air is a very powerful device, will you even bother upgrading when a new iPad is release?

For me though, if I had one I would not bother getting one. The iPad Air is a very powerful device. Its more than enough for me.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't be upgrading, I love my iPad Air, I just can't see the point in getting the next one.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless there is something really new and useful, I would not, after only one year. For example, when the retina displays came (third Gen iPad, 2nd gen iPad mini), I thought that was enough for me to upgrade even after only 1 year. I don't see what will be on the scene this time that could induce me to upgrade. Yes, more RAM would be nice but I'm not sure it will make much of an impact on day-to-day operations for me. Touch ID would be nice, but I'll get that on the next phone I get in fall, and even though I use my iPad everyday and use a passcode on them, I'm not going to upgrade for that. I might get a full-sized iPad, however (not as an upgrade). If something really unexpected pops up, then I'll re-evaluate and make a decision.

Last edited:

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't upgrade so soon, unless the new Air is going to be light years beyond the first, which is highly unlikely. The current Air does it for me in every way and I've never had a problem with it. I expect it has a lot of service left to provide.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The conventional wisdom used to be buy a model, skip the next one. I'm not sure that's true any more. I'd expect to see huge leaps if I were to update from iPad2 to iPadAir, but having made that move, I'd probably wait for 3 or even 4 new models before I updated again.

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went from iPad 2 to iPad Air and will probably not upgrade for the next couple of years.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went from iPad 2 to iPad Air and will probably not upgrade for the next couple of years.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Same here, iPad 2 to Air.....Its more important to me to upgrade my phone more often.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same with me, I went from an iPad 2 to an Air.....

I'm very happy with my Air and will again skip a few iPads before upgrading again! ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, my 2012 retina display that I leave at home is still good.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

seamaster97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 > iPad 2 > iPad Mini 1 > iPad Air

In all aspects, my jump to the Air a couple of months back has been a major upgrade. With every new iPad, I always get the fully kitted version - cellular with the highest storage variant. I don't see anything "major" with an upcoming Air. Unless they come up with a 12" version. That would, however, be chained to a coffee table though. I see myself staying with the current Air for at least two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am yet another iPad 2 to iPad Air upgrader.

I wish I could sell or trade in my iPad Air, that I just bought in the past month and a half, to get an iPad Air 2. I'm interested in the ways in which Apple products evolve and impact performance both personally and professionally, but I just don't have the ready cash.

If I'm going to part with my hard earned income, the iPad product had better be lighter, faster, thinner, and with an even bigger storage capacity than my current 128GB plus include Touch ID.

Most reactions