What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone with a 2012 Macbook Pro...

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a question. The highest resolution in Bootcamp is 1440x900. HOWEVER, on my 2011 Macbook Pro, the highest resolution is 1680x1050. Why is this and how can I possibly fix it? Windows 7 looks huge on my new computer compared to the old one and I hate it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question. The highest resolution in Bootcamp is 1440x900. HOWEVER, on my 2011 Macbook Pro, the highest resolution is 1680x1050. Why is this and how can I possibly fix it? Windows 7 looks huge on my new computer compared to the old one and I hate it.
Scroll down to the Windows and Boot Camp support section on this page. Using a Retina display - Apple Support
You'll have to download the Windows Support Software. You can find the Boot Camp Support Software on this page. Apple - Support - Downloads
There are several versions on this page. Make sure you choose the right one for your MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still missing the 1680x1050 resolution. It says my display drivers are up to date, though. I don't understand this because I did the same thing (installed W7 with Bootcamp) on another machine that is 100% identical to this one and it has the 1680x1050 resolution. I'm not sure what's gone wrong.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured it out. I somehow didn't wind up with the high res display, even though I ordered it. Back it goes!
It's not often that Apple ships the wrong item but when they do it's good to know that there's no problem returning it for the correct item.

Most reactions

Latest posts