What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone on the fence about the camera connection kit

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read on another thread that someone was able to get video working, I don't remember the details and can't find the thread now.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sucks that the Canon SD780 doesn't charge with the sync cable. I'm stuck with iPhone pictures until the new charger shows up...

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully used the camera connection kit (mainly the SD Card Reader) to transfer Photos and videos from my Pentax W60 Camera. Videos (1280x720, 15fps) play perfectly on the iPad. Photos & Videos synch easily with my iMac when synching iPad.

Also transferred videos from a Contour HD Bullet Camera. All transfer but only certain settings playback.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope I have both, both are under movies.

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully used the camera connection kit (mainly the SD Card Reader) to transfer Photos and videos from my Pentax W60 Camera. Videos (1280x720, 15fps) play perfectly on the iPad. Photos & Videos synch easily with my iMac when synching iPad.

Also transferred videos from a Contour HD Bullet Camera. All transfer but only certain settings playback.

The Pentax W60 videos are in AVI format .AVI

and the Controur HD files that play are "Fast SD WVGA 848x480@60FPS" and the format is in Quicktime movie .MOV

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a good question, I wish I knew, because some of my "movies" - actually most - are TV shows, and I'd like to separate them to avoid having to scroll past 400 TV shows when I am actually looking to sync a movie.

The only TV shows I have seen show up in that section are purchased from iTunes. Like my wife bought a season of a TV show and it showed up there. But all of our others are downloaded or ripped from DVDs and they show up under movies.

I think either way they would probably show up in just the regular movies section anyhow right? Because there is no TV app? Unless it would make a folder or something in movies...

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under 'Get Info' for the file you will see a media kind choice under options, there you can change it from 'Movie' to 'TV show' to 'Music Video' or other choices.
smj97w

Most reactions

Latest posts