What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone on the fence about the camera connection kit

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at work so I can't check, but when you do that does it only show up under TV shows in iTunes then? So I don't have to scroll past them in movies? And how does it show up on the iPad? Does it create a new folder within Movies or does it just lump them all together anyhow?>

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah crap. How do I sync them? They don't show up under the TV Show sync tab

planemechanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under 'Get Info' for the file you will see a media kind choice under options, there you can change it from 'Movie' to 'TV show' to 'Music Video' or other choices.
smj97w

Thanks! I was trying to figure that out for a while.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me to get them to sync I also had to give the "show" a name under the video tab.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So are the pictures downsized when imported with the camera connection kit? I would actually prefer that they are. I will do any serious processing on the RAW images with my desktop, but if I could transfer to the iPad and upload to Photobucket (also a free app) without a computer, that could be very handy when traveling.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so. But Photobucket will auto resize them though.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, the photobucket resize is easy, but I was more concerned about how much space the pictures would take up on the iPad. I have about 8GB free on my 32GB iPad. I could fill that up pretty quick with full resolution or RAW images.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I see what you're saying. You can get an app called photogene that will allow you to resize them if you absolutely have to. It will save a duplicate then you could delete the original.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but it would get annoying to do that to 8GB worth of photos though.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
On page 48 of the guide, it says "when syncing photos with iPad, iTunes automatically creates a size optimized for iPad, if necessary." That is clear and it is implied that if you transfer them any way other than syncing, you are on your own.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, I noticed that the optimized size IS indeed much smaller yesterday when I was rearranging things to fit more video on there, so you are 100% correct. My 250mb folder for example ended up being MUCH smaller.

Most reactions

Latest posts