What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all IPad 2 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
10 for the right situation. It's perfect for me, but for someone with different needs it's not the same.

rogerperk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rogerperk said:
Not making a point, making a statement which you don't agree with. I'll survive and I'm glad you're happy with the product but I didn't answer this to argue with a "believer". That's pointless. This has been my experience. You are welcome to yours.

But, since I'm here, I'm top posting because I can't get the box to scroll down - no arrows. One more thing. maybe I just don't know ow to use it but I caught right on to other platforms. Lack of intuitiveness.

Honestly? Only a 5 or 6. Maybe 7. I like some of the functionality like battery life, sharp image, and the rotating screen but EVERYTHING you need to do work costs! Word processing, spreadsheet, etc. that I can use for work or play all cost and that isn't the case with many other systems. Plus, I don't want to "bond" with Apple - I don't want emails or any other contact, I just
want to use the tool. I find Apple intrusive in that sense. If a better Android or MS platform was available I'd have probably gone with that just for interchangeability. Sorry Apple fans!

When I think about how much I'd have to pay for usual Windows or Mac software, vs the cost of an iPad app (many of which are, surprise, free!) I
don't really understand the point you're trying to make here. And Apple generally leaves me well alone: the only emails I ever get from them are app
receipts and maybe twice a year, upcoming conference announcements. (And they never ever call me to ask how my day's been or how the kids are doing.)

slipknot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Ipad2. There are a couple of minor niggles though.

Navigating menus on some websites can be a real pain as I found out when trying to demonstrate a website to a client and I just could not open the drop down menus on the Pad using the screentap. Ended up having to borrow a laptop... All a bit embarrassing .

Other than that, so far, totally awesome!

jake446

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8 of 10 but only because of trouble working with some MS Office files. I have Pages for IPad, but always have a couple glitches when trying to work with word docs. Other than that, love the IPad 2.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend the iPad 2, but I also was/am a fan of the the first iPad. I just upgraded and gave my sister my original iPad- she loves it.

I have found the iPad 2 to be a slight upgrade to the first one. I really don't use the camera that much and while it is faster than the first gen. , it's not exceptionally so.

I upgraded because I am a gadget freak. :p

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TEN - even better with the jailbreak xD

P.S I haven't even noticed that it hasn't got flash - USB port isn't a problem either since the CCK hack has fixed that for me ;-)

Last edited:

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must concur with many here that Flash support and a better cam (why not at least a 3.2 MP; can't demand too much more of the inards of the pad, can it?), would definitely make it a 10. As of now I'd give it 8 (post JB I'd say 9), due to the abovementioned. As for Androids: why would I like a PC w/o a keyboard? With all it's ports and whatnots that's what it looks like... And, a lap-top I already own... 

//Stefan

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the jb on the iPad 2, can you download movies direct to iPad and access site that require flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts