What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We females are quite the hoarders. My girls keep nicking my stuff so I have to resort to hiding it. Naughty girls. Teenagers are so bad. Giggle.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Lol not just teenagers are guilty apparently, since I'm a 20-something and I'm guilty of that. ;) anywho, to keep with the spirit of the thread, I'm eating some chips (crisps, to my UK friends, of course. ;)) and discussing supper with the family.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just had a cheese dog at Five Guys then hoofed it home. Not much fun eating hotdogs outside when ash is falling on your food

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I grilled off some mojo marinated, gold and green zucchini, red onion, Asian eggplant, and red and green Cubanelle peppers. I cooked some Israeli couscous. I tossed it all together with some Kalamata olives,cucumber,tomatoes, and basil, oregano and garlic chives from the herb garden. I sprinkled in some cajun seasoning,balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mixed it up. Here is the final result I had with a toasted baguette. It was extremely hot and humid here today and wanted something light.

☮♥

Attachments

• image-935900535.jpg
    image-935900535.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 136

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I grilled off some mojo marinated, gold and green zucchini, red onion, Asian eggplant, and red and green Cubanelle peppers. I cooked some Israeli couscous. I tossed it all together with some Kalamata olives,cucumber,tomatoes, and basil, oregano and garlic chives from the herb garden. I sprinkled in some cajun seasoning,balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mixed it up. Here is the final result I had with a toasted baguette. It was extremely hot and humid here today and wanted something light.

☮♥

That looks so delicious, MC :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eating a piece of pecan pie warmed up in the oven and a lovely strong cup of Yorkshire tea.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Food? Well I play the banjo, so my thoughts turn to Possum.

Possum and Taters

Ingredients:
1 young, fat possum
8 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
salt

Directions: First, catch a possum. This in itself is excellent entertainment on a moonlight night. Skin the possum and remove the head and feet. Be sure to wash it thoroughly. Freeze overnight either outside or in a refrigerator. When ready to cook, peel the potatoes and boil them tender in lightly salted water along with the butter and sugar. At the same time, stew the possum tender in a tightly covered pan with a little water. Arrange the taters around the possum, strip with bacon, sprinkle with thyme or marjoram, or pepper, and brown in the oven. Baste often with the drippings.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Tabasco sauce on almost everything. Yesterday I decided to add it to a bowl of Mac & Cheese and was pleasantly surprised, it was a delicious blend. Any other hot sauce lovers out there who have tried this?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Tabasco sauce on almost everything. Yesterday I decided to add it to a bowl of Mac & Cheese and was pleasantly surprised, it was a delicious blend. Any other hot sauce lovers out there who have tried this?

I've not tried that however I used to work with an American and he would put Tabasco on everything including a bowl of corn flakes and milk in the canteen we had!

The Archangel

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've not tried that however I used to work with an American and he would put Tabasco on everything including a bowl of corn flakes and milk in the canteen we had!

The Archangel

Tabasco on cold cereal? I'm not sure I'd be willing to try that.. it's quite brave, lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabasco on cold cereal? I'm not sure I'd be willing to try that.. it's quite brave, lol.

Not quite as brave as the chillies that he used to snack on, little red round ones, I can't recall the name but I'll never forget the pain when I tried one!

The Archangel

Splawkin19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you ever baked cake mix cookies? I have, and found that chocolate cake mix cookies with no additives such as chocolate chips or icing are the best.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Not quite as brave as the chillies that he used to snack on, little red round ones, I can't recall the name but I'll never forget the pain when I tried one!

The Archangel

Not those hot bonnet ones, Gabe? ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you ever baked cake mix cookies? I have, and found that chocolate cake mix cookies with no additives such as chocolate chips or icing are the best.

That's a new one on me! Sounds interesting.

Not those hot bonnet ones, Gabe? ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

I've no idea but boy, were they ever hot!!

The Archangel

Most reactions