What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy anniversary Julie. How many? Mine will be 22 years in July.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all .
It's 12 years .
Second time around!!
Had a wonderful dinner
Started with wagu beef wrapped in betel leaves.
BBQ duck in rice paper rolls
Prawns with green rice and a chilli dipping sauce,

Hubby had a wagu pho and I had the caramel pork belly with the pomelo and mint salad with rice.
For desert we had drunken chicken ribs poached then deep fried with a ginger syrup. hee Heee we hate sweet!
Beautiful red wine
Lovely night

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow that sounds so exotic. I'm afraid that will be a dream for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that sounds so exotic. I'm afraid that will be a dream for me.

If you're interested in trying, Vietnamese food is tasty and often very affordable.

Pho is a national dish -- noodles in broth, with whatever meat (or vegetables) you prefer -- and it's an easy one-person dish to start with. My husband and I have introduced dozens of people to it over the years, and I don't remember a single person not liking it. There are many Vietnamese joints that specialize in pho. The best places usually have a good number of Vietnamese customers.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never heard of a Vietnamese restaurant near here! We are in deepest Somerset countryside. I'll look and see.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hayles66 said:
I've never heard of a Vietnamese restaurant near here! We are in deepest Somerset countryside. I'll look and see.

If Somerset is where I think it is, word on the street is there's a nice Vietnamese restaurant (The Saigon) at 36 Bouevard England, Weston-super-Mare.

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do you guys ever spend time anywhere else? Do you farm for a living?

I need to live near restaurants, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had a raspberry almond scone with chai. The scone was good -- moister than usual, but without losing the good qualities of a scone.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just had a raspberry almond scone with chai. The scone was good -- moister than usual, but without losing the good qualities of a scone.

oh man, that sounds really good-Kaykaykay. I sort of like my scones that way rather than falling apart as you are eating it.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
If Somerset is where I think it is, word on the street is there's a nice Vietnamese restaurant (The Saigon) at 36 Bouevard England, Weston-super-Mare.

AA

And a day at the seaside to boot, Hayley :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh I can't remember the last time I went to the seaside or had a holiday come to that. Times are hard and diesel over here costs far too much. It is £1.46 a litre here. Each journey has to be important. Holidays are low down unfortunately. We have horses, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats to feed as well. Yes, if I got rid of them, maybe things would improve but half of my world would be lost. I don't drink, smoke, go out partying. I like my garden, house etc... My apple devices are essential to me as is the ability to talk to you guys and live your lives through you. Hubby was made redundant just over a year ago and jobs are hard to come by in the country. I hate city life so I consider I'm fortunate to have the beautiful countryside right outside my doorstep.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hayles66 said:
Gosh I can't remember the last time I went to the seaside or had a holiday come to that. Times are hard and diesel over here costs far too much. It is £1.46 a litre here. Each journey has to be important. Holidays are low down unfortunately. We have horses, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats to feed as well. Yes, if I got rid of them, maybe things would improve but half of my world would be lost. I don't drink, smoke, go out partying. I like my garden, house etc... My apple devices are essential to me as is the ability to talk to you guys and live your lives through you. Hubby was made redundant just over a year ago and jobs are hard to come by in the country. I hate city life so I consider I'm fortunate to have the beautiful countryside right outside my doorstep.

I live on a postage stamp size lot in a noisy suburb. Just the opposite of you I spend money i shouldn't, trying to escape from the rattle and hum.
Have you considered opening a Bed N' Breakfast? Trust me, the city crazed easily part with their money, if it buys them a little peace and quiet.

The description you've given makes your life sound rich in many ways. Too many people are unhappy because they're blinded by what they want and can't see they already have what they need.

AA

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why thank you AA. I love the horses neighing, the cockerels cockadoodling, the ducks quacking, the cows mooing, the interesting smells when the farmers prepare the fields, the fresh air, the black starry night (no street lighting), the flowers, bees, butterflies and best of all, a couple of steps and you are walking in the countryside. I may moan about the lack of money due to Applemania but I have everything I've ever wanted and that's my life in a nutshell. Looking forward to retiring one day and then no more work as well!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why thank you AA. I love the horses neighing, the cockerels cockadoodling, the ducks quacking, the cows mooing, the interesting smells when the farmers prepare the fields, the fresh air, the black starry night (no street lighting), the flowers, bees, butterflies and best of all, a couple of steps and you are walking in the countryside. I may moan about the lack of money due to Applemania but I have everything I've ever wanted and that's my life in a nutshell. Looking forward to retiring one day and then no more work as well!

More power to you.

Too bad more people don't live their priorities. I was on a fellowship and there was an initial survey of everyone as we first met. I think only two or three others and I were living our priorities.

Most reactions

Latest posts